Once I have saved and exported a slideshow is there any way I can go back and edit it again

john.williams93 wrote on 10/8/2016, 3:31 PM

I want to be able to save and export a slideshow and then take it to show my colleague who does not have photostory and then make changes and edit it at home.

1) can I loaded a saved/exported slidehow back onto photostory and edit/change it 

2) Is there a way I can show her the version before it is saved and exported without her having photostory

I do not have a laptop to take

Comments

browj2 wrote on 10/9/2016, 2:02 PM

Hi John,

You need to start reading the manual. You have to learn the difference about saving the project and exporting to a video format like mp4 or wmv.

The project is everything that you do in PhotoStory. It is a set of instructions that is saved. You save it, exit the program, turn off the computer, come back the next day, turn on the computer, load PhotoStory, open your saved project and continue on.

The output is an export, so please don't refer to it as a save. File, export, select a format, give the export a name and location to put it on your computer, ok. Note the folder that you sent the export to. Do a Save to also save your PhotoStory work. Using Windows File Explorer, go find the exported file, copy it, paste it on a USB memory stick, take it to your colleague, run it with whatever video player program your colleague has on her computer. Take notes. Go home. Open up PhotoStory, your project, and edit it. Save your work. Export to a new mp4 or wmv file, etc. You can delete the first exported file as you don't need it anymore. Don't delete the project file or any of the photos or videos that are used by your project, or you will not be able to use them in the project. The project uses the photos and videos, it does not import them or change them; they have to remain in the same location or PhotoStory won't be able to find and use them the next time that you open the project.

If you used the wizard to create the slideshow initially, you can't go back into the wizard to make changes without doing it all over again. That is why you have the timeline mode to fine-tune and edit the output from the wizard.

Last changed by browj2 on 10/9/2016, 2:02 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

john.williams93 wrote on 10/9/2016, 2:28 PM

Hey John, that's a great answer. Thank you for your time and effort. Yes I take your point about reading the manual. Thanks once again! 

browj2 wrote on 10/9/2016, 2:36 PM

Glad to help. Hope it all works. There are some older good threads about editing in PhotoStory that you might like to search for. I should make a compilation of them.

Enjoy!

Last changed by browj2 on 10/9/2016, 2:36 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

john.williams93 wrote on 10/9/2016, 2:43 PM

Great thanks