Object effects only on WAV not MIDI?

Kenneth-Knudsen wrote on 1/2/2023, 9:11 PM

Hi guys Noob here.

Why does my Object Effect plugins only seem to work on WAV files and not on MIDI files.

EDIT:

So I found that I can add the effect through the Mixer tab and it works on MIDI as I would expect here, but ONLY here - why not in the dedicated effects tab, can someone explain that?

Thanks in advance

K'

Comments

browj2 wrote on 1/3/2023, 1:50 PM

@Kenneth-Knudsen

Hi,

The object audio effects are for audio objects only. MIDI objects are not audio objects.

However, if you open a MIDI instrument, what is called the MIDI instrument editor, all of those switches and knobs are basically the same effects that you would find for audio effects. You make your adjustments in the MIDI instrument editor (the GUI, not the list). When you switch patches in the instrument editor, watch the switches and knobs and you'll see them move. That is what changes the sound. You can modify them as you wish, save them as a patch, and resuse them. You can also automate them - see the manual. These are like the object effects Essential eFX, Vintage Effects, Reverb, Distortion & Filter.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos