Not able to connect the hardware devices using Rescue Your Videotapes Version 4.0 on Windows 8

palmadelmoral wrote on 9/2/2013, 8:48 AM

I have Windows 8 on my PC. I have installed Rescue Your Videotapes Version 4.0 along with USB-Videowandler 2 (EMBDA64). USB port shows up as ¨USB 2861 Device¨ in my connections. I have a Sony Handycam video camera for which i want convert to digital. When i start the software MAGIX VIDEO EASY and create a new video project and select import videos from Analog sources, it does not connect. It gives an error ¨Please connect your VCR to the video converter and then to the USB port. In case you have not installed the device drivers for the converter, refer to the manual¨.

It could be that the driver is not installed properly or there are issues with WIN 8. Could you please send me the driver for RYV Vers. 4.0

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 9/2/2013, 8:58 AM

Hi,

Rescue your videotapes 6 version 4 is windows 8 compatible according to the windows compatibility center.  Probably the drivers for the video wandler need to be updated to Win 8 drivers.

It could also be other drivers interfering with the Video Wandler driver in Win 8.  No one here actually works for Magix, this is a user formum, so we can't really send you the driver.  Hopefully someone will read this post who uses this set up and point you to the right driver.

George

palmadelmoral wrote on 9/3/2013, 5:32 AM

Hi George,

Appreciate the prompt response. I looked up at some of the posts that referred to Drivers and found a link for the driver. My assumption is that this driver might be compatible to WIN 8 with a higher version of Rescue your Videotapes. Unfortunately I cannot find the original post.

http://download.magix.net/support2/driver2828x.zip?dwl=1

My question is whether i can use this particular patch to replace the driver i have installed. Will there be any issues since the version is old while the driver and the operating system is new?

Thanks for your support.