No Video received in Windows 7

nicholashawke wrote on 11/24/2013, 3:30 PM

I have bought Video easy Rescue Your Video Tapes 6 and installed on my Sony Viao running Window 7 64 bit.

The software appeared to install correctly. I connected the USB device and it also appeared to install correctly. However, I don't get any video input. The capture preview window receives audio, but the screen is blank. I have tried using both a VCR and Camcorder as sources. I am pretty sure the problem is with the USB drivers though.

From the capture preview window I click Advanced View and then Hardware and Drivers (as it suggests in the manual) but the driver window is empty. I have run the online software update, which also succeeded, but it has made no difference.

Some more info about my PC:

Windows 7 Ultimate service pack 1. 64 Bit operating system

i7 CPU, Dual processor, quad core Q740 @ 1.75GHz

Ram - 8GB

If anyone has solved a similar problem, I would really appreciate some help with this.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 11/26/2013, 4:51 PM

Hi Nick

Just found your post!

Sounds like you may have a bad USB converter - can borrow another one - does not have to be the same make - to test the software and computer?

From PM conversation :

Hi John,

I really appreciate all you effort to help me with this. Unfortunately I am still nto able to get my system to recognise the video element of the USB device. I have tried  uninstalling all the drivers and then reinstalling each version in turn to try to get it to work, but each time I get exactly the same result.

No one has replied to the forum post, so I am assuming that this is not a common problem, although I don't understand why it is so complicated for me as I always do my best to make sure my PCs are as standard as possible - just so I don't have this kind of problem.

Such a shame.

Many thanks for your help.

Nick.

There is a driver update here

http://support2.magix.com/customer/en/download/tools

You will need to login to get the download.

Select the RYVT USB Device and download the correct one for your device (Red/white) and install it.

Windows does report devices as working but does not always tell the truth!

Hi,

Thanks for all your help on this so far. The USB device I have does not have much to identify it by. It is the one that came with the Rescue You Video Tapes 6 product. It is is a small red device with MAGIX printed in white. It has a blue button that lights up when it is active. The back is white, it has a bar code (23113033667) and Made in China (ver.3).

When I examine the installed device I find:

MAGIX USB-Videowandler 2

Driver date 06/07/2012

Driver version:5.12.620.706

My PC reports that the device is working properly, but it seems to only recognise it as an audio device.

Hi

Just read this post

http://www.magix.info/uk/why-am-i-getting-an-error-message-no-recording.knowledge.1046004.html

is this relevant to your USB device?

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/26/2013, 4:51 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.