No video output on RESQUE YOUR VIDEOTAPES

Jorma wrote on 3/19/2011, 3:08 PM

Hello,

Digitizer was connected to VCR via SCART cable (the only choice) on my

MAC system.

The transfer of audio signal was immediately succesful and could also

be played back from file. But despite of numerous trials video signal

was never detected (indicated also by the light green window).

I suspect the cables. Can I build some other type on connection or

do something else ?

Best regards,

Jorma

Comments

Man o' Lakes wrote on 3/23/2011, 5:58 AM

Hi Jorma, check the video source at the top, and make sure that as input you have chosen MAGIX USB. Also, make sure that the device is plugged into a USB 2 port only, especially not the one on your keyboard. Cheers, M o' L.

Jorma wrote on 3/23/2011, 6:15 AM

Thank you M o' L,

But the input chosen was MAGIX USB and the digitizer was plugged into USB 2 port behind the screen. 

Some more detailed notes as:

I connected my VCR by using SCART contained in the package. In the first try Digitizer was joined by the audio cables and a composite video cable
The audio was recorded correctly to the file and was able to be replayed. In contrary the VIDEO WAS NOT recorded. Indicated also by light green background
of the screen (no video signal).  Later I did buy a SCART-3 RCA/S-VIDEO cable and connected video by s-video cable. The result was indentical with the first try (sound ok, VIDEO NOT OK).

Based on previous, the fault is either in the USB digitizer or in the short cable connected to the digitizer ???

Is it possible, the my VCR is sending in some format not understood by digitizer ???

Best regards,

Jorma

Man o' Lakes wrote on 3/24/2011, 6:01 AM

Hey Jorma, this is getting rather involved.  You could try the following though. If no joy, get in touch with MAGIX Support  http://support2.magix.net/customer/en

Download the following driver directly from the link below, and unzip it.

http://download.magix.net/magix_usb-videowandler_2_(rot_weiss)_de.zip

Now turn ALL security software OFF: all antivirus software etc. Very important!

Disconnect all other USB devices, including hubs (this advice also applies when subsequently recording videos). Attach the red and white USB device directly to a USB port on your computer.

Should the automatic Windows installer pop up the moment you plug in the USB device, stop it.

In the file you have 'unzipped', you will see a setup.exe file.

Run this, ie double click on it and follow the installation instructions which appear

Hope it works, M o' L

Jorma wrote on 3/24/2011, 10:13 AM

M o' L,

Unfortunately I can not use your suggestion,

because this is a mac system.

But thanks anyway, you tried to help me,

Jorma