No sound when recording from screen

francisco-polegreborges wrote on 10/28/2008, 6:28 AM
I am using Video de Luxe 15 plus and Windows Vista  . Sound hardware is
REALTECK ALC 880 integrated on base. When I record video screen from internet video, I can grab video perfectly, but not sound . I can select micro or line only in the program options, but not stereo mix . Can you help me?
Many thanks.

Comments

webguy wrote on 10/30/2008, 9:02 PM
Go into your audio controls and make sure the line levels and mic levels are up and not muted. I have the same issue with Realteck. Thier software is skrewey.
ralftaro wrote on 11/7/2008, 12:09 PM
Hi,

Vista makes it a little trickier. You should have a look at my reply to a very similar question under the following link:

www.magix.info/uk/knowledge/3-music/300-software-handling/15326-unable-to-record-online-audio.html

The solution is the same. You need to enable the right audio recording option in the operating system first. Here's another helpful link:

www.sagebrush.com/whatuv.htm

I hope this helps.

Gertmm wrote on 12/8/2009, 8:32 AM
I also had the same problem using Magix 15 plus with windows 7 and realtek sound card.  found out you will need to enable the stereo mix function to your sound card.  for windows 7 i had to download latest soundcard drivers.  then install them. after reboot went into the sound in control panel and right click.  check show disable and disconnect devices for sound.  then i enable stereo mix and rebooted.  i am now able to record sound.  google stereo mix for your operating system.  hope this helps