No Sound During Playback on ACID Pro (Trial)

Naveed-Majid wrote on 1/24/2022, 10:57 PM

New to recording software - trying to record drums tracks; can see input recording levels and output playback levels on each audio track, but no sound is heard on any selected system speaker or headphones during playback.

Equipment

Audio Interface: Tascam US-16x08
Input Device: Alesis Drum Strike Module

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/25/2022, 2:27 AM

@Naveed-Majid Is the audio driver in the program preferences configured correctly?

Naveed-Majid wrote on 1/25/2022, 6:09 AM

@Naveed-Majid Is the audio driver in the program preferences configured correctly?

If by “correctly” configured audio driver, you mean selecting the input device (US-16x08 ASIO, in my case), then yes it is. There was another ASIO audio driver available and I tried with that one too, but still no sound. Tested sound settings on those speakers through Windows Sound Control Panel and they failed. So, I selected a speaker that tested fine, used that in the DAW, but still no sound! I initially tried these settings on my older but still powerful desktop and nothing worked. So I purchased a new very powerful laptop with integrated sound card. And the problem persists!

SP. wrote on 1/25/2022, 6:12 AM

@Naveed-Majid Your speakers and headphones are connected to your Tascam interface?

Naveed-Majid wrote on 1/25/2022, 6:16 AM

@Naveed-Majid Your speakers and headphones are connected to your Tascam interface?

The Tascam Audio Interface is connected to the laptop via USB; the speakers are built in to the laptop and I plugged the headphones to the laptop, too.

SP. wrote on 1/25/2022, 7:46 AM

@Naveed-Majid This doesn't work. You need to connect speakers and headphones to your Tascam interface if you use its driver.

If you want to use the laptop for speakers and headphones you need to use a driver like Direct Sound, Windows Classic Wave Driver, Microsoft Sound Mapper. You can also try Magix Low Latency or FL Studio ASIO (you need to install the free FL Studio demo for it to appear).

Magix Low Latency needs to be configured by clicking on "Apply", "Advanced", "Configure". You need to activate your speakers and headphones in the driver settings.

Naveed-Majid wrote on 1/25/2022, 11:22 AM

It works!

Thank you very much, SP!

I selected Sound Mapper as Audio Device Type, selected computer Speakers with Audio Interface driver and plugged powered monitors into line outputs on Audio Interface… I can now hear the playback of my recordings!

Jasen-Pickrell wrote on 9/24/2022, 4:54 PM

acid pro 10 suite play sounded so sweet through the beatmapper. Then painted it into a bus/channel/whatever, several actually, and they all play visually, accept through master or speakers anymore.

Jasen-Pickrell wrote on 9/24/2022, 4:58 PM

reassigned bus to mobile Pre, nada bro