No sound After burning a project to DVD

wv_hillbillytrucker wrote on 12/9/2012, 4:06 PM

After making my movie, which plays fine in edit mode, I burn it to a DVD.

After the burning is completed, my "movies" play fine, but there is no audio.

In some clips, the audio is part of the clip. In some clips, Im useing back ground music.

In the imported clips with sound, I have muted the sound and have my back ground music playing instead.

Im using Magix Movies on DVD 7 (Came with Rescue dvds)., Windows XP home edition, SP3.

Update: 

After burning a dvd, I see that there is no audio tracks/dir on the dvd.

I have even tried burning just an original AVI file with sound and still no luck.

I have tried removing and reinstalling movies on dvd7, no luck. 

Ive never had this problem before with this program on this computer.

Thank Goodness for DVD R-W !!!!!!

Thanks!

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 12/10/2012, 12:55 PM

Hi,

If you have muted the audio track, that entire track will be turned off or muted.  Better if you only want to mute certain segments of the audio track to drag the audio volume down to zero.

George

wv_hillbillytrucker wrote on 12/10/2012, 2:14 PM

Hi,

If you have muted the audio track, that entire track will be turned off or muted.  Better if you only want to mute certain segments of the audio track to drag the audio volume down to zero.

George

Thanks George! 

So if I am understanding you correctly, even with background music, if the audio in the video clip is muted, the whole thing will be muted?

jeffcain wrote on 12/21/2012, 2:30 PM

I had the same problem when I used MEP17, (or 15, 12, 10, etc)  In the burn menu, if you are burning a DVD for playback on a DVD player, you will need to specify DVD with AC3 under the options.  That fixed my audio issues and the sound is great.  It used Dolby Digital and will playback on virtually any DVD player AND computer.

Good luck, and happy editing!