No Sound

Ken-Bundy wrote on 9/20/2024, 7:25 PM

I downloaded the demo of Acid Pro 11 and installed it. However, I get no audio output at all. I have tried all the settings under Options> Preferences and nothing. I have Sound Forge Pro installed along with Magix Audio and Music Lab, along with two other audio editing programs. All of the others work just fine, but Acid is totally silent. I am trying to get to a multi track editor where I can produce (induce, if you will) harmony. I am using Windows 11, and there is an AMD audio device (from the video card), the built in Realtek HD Audio and a Bluetooth adapter, Avantree Privia. Most notably all the other editors work fine with perfect audio out, but none of them will give me the multi track mixing with the ability to add harmony. Thanks for your response.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/20/2024, 9:01 PM

@Ken-Bundy Can you show us screenshot of your settings? You can upload them via the arrow icon above the response text box. As far as I know, Acid and Sound Forge are very similar.. So if you use the same settings in both and it doesn't work, that would be odd. But make sure to click on the Apply button, if you change the audio settings. Otherwise they might not get updated.

Ken-Bundy wrote on 9/20/2024, 9:43 PM

They are attached

Ken-Bundy wrote on 9/20/2024, 9:45 PM

I also just downloaded Music Maker Premium (demo) and it works perfectly, too...having a bit of trouble with the harmonizer, but I can hear it ! I will look at any of your audio products that can do the harmonizing...I looked at Samplitude Pro,too, but didn't download it. Only looked at your page on the product.

SP. wrote on 9/21/2024, 2:26 AM

@Ken-Bundy Have you tried the Microsoft Sound Mapper or Music Maker ASIO driver in Acid? Make sure you click on the Apply button after switching from the Windows Classic Wave driver to them.

Ken-Bundy wrote on 9/21/2024, 10:07 AM

I've tried all of those...I downloaded ASIO, and installed, but it didn't work either. This is a complete mystery. Do you have another product that will do what I am looking for?

emmrecs wrote on 9/21/2024, 1:16 PM

@Ken-Bundy

These are user to user forums so we have no other product, sorry.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 9/21/2024, 2:20 PM

@Ken-Bundy Is there a demo project available in your test version? Can you try to load and play it?

Ken-Bundy wrote on 9/22/2024, 9:44 PM

In the demo version, there doesn't appear to be a project. However, I have decided to go another direction...I upgraded my previous version of Sound Forge, and uninstalled Acid and Samplitude (Samplitude did work, btw). Thanks to all of you here who tried to help....!