No real issues here.

CidBil wrote on 10/10/2018, 6:01 AM

Thought I'd make a post without a complaint about the software. I've been using Acid for over 10 years, going through the various versions (as well as Acid Music Studio for a time), and currently have Acid Pro8 with the latest build (233).....I'm using it on a 7 year old Hp laptop, Windows 10 installed with all the latest updates. My audio interface is an M-audio M-Track 2 channel mixer, and Midi controller M-Audio Keystation 49.

I won't say I've had no issues, but the ones I've encountered have only been minor irritations, and have NEVER had the software crash or stop working for me. I have tried recreating some of the issues posted here (for my own benefit, not a beta tester btw), and rarely am I able to reproduce the issues that some folks seem to have.

I guess my point is the software works fine for me, and I wonder how many others are finding this out as well. Hopefully the folks who are experiencing issues will have their problems solved with future builds.

So that's my two cents.

Comments

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 10/11/2018, 1:55 AM

Same with me. Very few problems except the known Beat-mapper issue that was corrected in the 8.0.7 update. I did discover recently that the only way to get that update was in Administrator mode but once I figured that out .... I'm in business again.

I'm glad to see you comment CidBil. Unfortunately I see too many people complain and without any patience at all. As if the software developers could somehow account for the billions of individual combinations of hardware that are out in the world today. Not trying to defend anyone, just common sense.

Very glad to see this post,

Will

sheppo wrote on 10/19/2018, 9:41 AM

I'm with you on this. I've been using acid for years, but found the old Sony versions increasingly harder and harder to work with. Crashes would happen very frequently, i could no longer open older projects, rendering often crashed for no reason, and it was just generally a bit of a ball ache to use.

it might surprise you to hear me say this, but AP8 is not perfect. But I can open projects that I no longer could in AP7 and AMS10 - which is brilliant for me as I have access again to old work that i can restore or remix - and the general stability for my typical workflow is by comparison markedly better. Thinking about recent sessions, I think I still know how to make the program crash, and i still encounter issues that I've generally become accustomed to, but really should be logged as bugs.

But, with these most recent patch I've been really happy with how the staff over at Magix have handled beta feedback and made improvements.

So yeah, anyone else that has spotted bugs, please report them here, or in the beta forum if you're beta members, and let us, as a community help to make Acid a better product!