ASUS TUF Gaming B550plus BIOS3202
*Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GF1 850W 
*ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11PRO 512GB->sys & 2TB->data 
*G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-64GFX 
*AMD Ryzen9 5950x + LiquidFreezer II-240 
*XFX Speedster-MERC319-RX6900XT <-AdrenalinEdition 24.9.1
Windows11Pro: 23H2-22631.4249; Direct3D Driver=9.17.11.0272

Samsung 2xLU28R55 300CD/m²HDR10 (peak1499nits) ->2xDPort
LG DSP7 Surround 5.1Soundbar ->TOSLINK (AAFOptimusPack 6.0.9403.1)
ROCCAT Kave 5.1Headset/Mic ->Analog

GH5s_HLG4k30p: AWB, Shutter=1/50, ISO=auto
ProtuneFlat_2.7k60pLinear: AWB, Shutter=auto, ISO=400

VEGASPro22/21 + XMediaRecode/Handbrake + DVDArchi7 
AcidPro10 + SoundForgePro14.0.065 + SpectraLayersPro7

K-LitecodecPack17.8.0 (MPC Video Renderer for HDR10-Videoplayback) 

tuef wrote on 8/7/2022, 1:27 AM

Thanks for the comment, highly appriciated! I do have the abillity to do inline editing, but i would like also to be able to have the midi editing part below, or as a separate window (floating or fixed in the bottom) and when i choose "clip proporties", i cant choose, or dont have, the tab that (according to HELP file, and several videos) called "Piano roll".

sheppo wrote on 8/8/2022, 4:55 PM

hi @tuef, it could be the window is not appearing. I had a similar problem with the loudness meters. The UI said they were shown, but they were not. In the end I did a reset on Acid. You can do that by holding ctrl + shift when clicking on the acid start menu item. When you do this you will see a prompt before acid starts asking if you want to reset all settings.

I'm on Acid Pro 11, and Windows 11 and this doesn't directly work from the start menu. If you experience the same thing on your set up instead do this

1. open the start menu
  2. browse or search for Acid
  3. right click on the application in the start menu, and select Open file location. On windows 11 this is More -> Open File Location
  4. Explorer will open showing the acid icon
  5. from here you can hold shift and ctrl, then double click on the application.. a window asking Do you want to reset ACID preferences to default values. pick yes.

NOTE: Obviously this will reset everything, so if you have some custom settings set within the application, e.g. custom plugin folders, make a note of those first as you will need to re-configure them afterwards.

Once done you should be able to select a midi clip, select clip properties, and have the piano roll window open.

tuef wrote on 8/9/2022, 2:08 AM

Hi Sheppo!

thank you for The suggestion. I Will give it a run when i get Home.

in a Facebook group, someone suggested that it might only be a feature in pro version.not studio. I havent Been able to verify that, but i downloaded pro 11, and there it is. I choose edit clip, then i Can select The pianoroll tab, but not in studio version.

when i look in The midi editor folder, for studio11, The pianoroll dll. File is missing, only The List dll. Is there. In pro version, both Are present.

so, to sum up. I Think it might not be possible?tried copying The dll but doesnt work. Both x86 & 64. Waiting for magix to reply on my ticket.
Mille let you know if your tip works😉👍

sheppo wrote on 8/9/2022, 3:55 AM

@tuef - to save you the effort following my previous response. I have installed AMS11, and you're right, the piano roll does not exist within the clip properties window, and the dll is missing. This is a shame as the online help talks a lot about the piano roll tab in the clip properties window. Sounds like an oversight dating back to Sony days not picked up on in subsequent Magix releases.

Out of interest, what Facebook group was this?

tuef wrote on 8/9/2022, 4:05 AM

Argh thanks!😌

and yes, The help file mentions it, so….

the group was: Magix Acid Pro User Group.

im not to sure either, about what is The Main difference between studio 11 and pro11. I cant find a comparisson sheet.

thanks a lot for you help and feedback, its really appriciated. Im still happy with The buy, and i Can do inline editing, but separate pianoroll would be Nice.

SP. wrote on 8/9/2022, 4:05 AM

@tuef Does it help to copy the DLL into the AS11 folder?

tuef wrote on 8/9/2022, 4:06 AM

No, i have tried. 😕

tuef wrote on 8/9/2022, 5:35 AM

wooow......im surprised. I was wondering if the problem was do to version (studio vs. pro) but in the downloaded help file, til pianoroll editor SHOULD be there. So, i called the Sales support to ask what exactly i would get from upgrading to Pro, and if they had a comparison chart because MAYBE help file was not correct or, who knows. The answer left me quite surprised.

They didnt know the difference, only that "something in pro was more in-depth", when asking what exactly, i was told that they didnt know but if i wasnt happy with the product within the 14 days after buying, they could refund. wow.....then, they said the "Studio" version was "for me", if i wanted to do some commercial stuff, i should get "pro"....another wow....i havnt read that anywhere i think. Might just be me, but still REALLY surprised there is NO comparison chart. (or maybe i just cant find it) Waiting for the support to answer my ticket. This is just me beeing VERY surprised with the lack of knowledge)

sheppo wrote on 8/9/2022, 8:36 AM

@tuef - There used to be a edition comparison. It's available over at the wayback machine .

I've just found in the AMS11 helpfile the following page - Acid Music Studio restrictions

This help file is written for both versions of ACID, ACID Music Studio (the program you are using right now) and ACID Pro, the bigger brother of ACID Music Studio.The following functions from ACID Pro are not available in ACID Music Studio:

• External control surface support
  • 5.1 Surround mixing
  • Rewire mixer/device functionality
  • MIDI piano roll editor, editing of MIDI clips is done by Inline Editing
  • Automation recording
  • Real-Time Rendering
  • Groove Pool, Groove Strip,Groove Files loadingl
  • Input Busses
  • Loop Export
  • MIDI Synchronization
  • Video output on external monitor
  • Program Map editor