Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/9/2021, 3:52 AM

@Laurentiu-Ilie

As with the flag problem, can you post either all the text or a screenshot of the error message?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 1/9/2021, 4:39 AM

@Laurentiu-Ilie

Hi

Are you trying to open/manage RAW files or any other none supported formats (see below)?

The following formats are supported in Photo Manager:

• Video:- AVI, MPEG, MOV (AVC encoded only), MXV and WMV (HD)

• Audio:- MP3, OGG, WAV, CD (non copy protected)

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Laurentiu-Ilie wrote on 1/10/2021, 3:42 PM

Yes, I have a lot of CR2 files. I think they are Raw files. Not supported? What about ARW files?

Laurentiu-Ilie wrote on 1/10/2021, 3:48 PM

@Laurentiu-Ilie

As with the flag problem, can you post either all the text or a screenshot of the error message?

Jeff

emmrecs wrote on 1/11/2021, 4:22 AM

@Laurentiu-Ilie

Unfortunately, that is not the error message that both John and I asked you to post. it is a shot of part of the folder structure in Photo Manager!

Did you read carefully the full list of file types which @johnebaker posted? If so, you will see that no RAW files are readable by PM (.CR2 and .ARW are both examples of such files).

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 1/11/2021, 4:26 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Laurentiu-Ilie wrote on 1/11/2021, 12:35 PM

@Laurentiu-Ilie

Unfortunately, that is not the error message that both John and I asked you to post. it is a shot of part of the folder structure in Photo Manager!

Did you read carefully the full list of file types which @johnebaker posted? If so, you will see that no RAW files are readable by PM (.CR2 and .ARW are both examples of such files).

Jeff

There were 2 questions: one for the message ""No global memory in MyAllocGlobal" which I understand now is because I try to handle RAW files (which is not supported by Photo Manager), and the second question was about the flag on the folder, in the structure of folders. My question was: what that flag means? Thanks

emmrecs wrote on 1/11/2021, 1:33 PM

@Laurentiu-Ilie

The answer to the question about the flags (thank you for the screenshot): I honestly have no idea, sorry. I've never seen that before and I don't see it in my installation of PM - I just opened it to check - I thought it might be because you are using the Calendar option but I cannot reproduce it.

Jeff

Laurentiu-Ilie wrote on 1/11/2021, 6:55 PM

Thank you! I really appreciate!

george-smith wrote on 1/24/2021, 9:22 AM

IF the error message "No global memory in MyAllocGlobalPtr for type 30" is due to an inability of Photo Manager Deluxe to handle a specified file, why doesn't the application simply make a note of it and continue processing remainder of photos...rather than hanging up the process waiting for the user to click on "OK" in order to keep the process running?

emmrecs wrote on 1/24/2021, 9:59 AM

@george-smith

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums

why doesn't the application simply make a note of it and continue processing remainder of photos

Presumably because it needs to be sure the user is aware of the problem? Imagine the number of users who would complain if the app simply "ignored" files it cannot open and didn't alert the user immediately. If the error message appeared only after all the scanning was complete, how is the user to know exactly which files have "failed", unless any or all were specifically listed? And what about if there was another, different problem with a another file?

I, for one, would far rather be alerted immediately to any problem, not be told after the scan is finished, when one might assume everything has gone OK.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

george-smith wrote on 1/24/2021, 10:40 AM

When you begin analysis at 10pm on a directory having 6,000+ photos realizing that it will take a long time for the process to complete, thinking you will wake in the morning to find the analysis has been completed...only to find that 1/3rd of the way to completion the analysis process has stopped, hung up due to an insignificant memo about one file it couldn't analyze...I find that very disappointing. There's no need to present such a warning in the middle of the night when no one is watching! I would be satisfied to see each of these encounters tallied into a listing that could be presented to the user at the end of the analysis...at which point we could inspect each finding and be comforted with the results! Thank you.

George
Photo Manager Deluxe User