No folder thumbnails

Leodf wrote on 4/22/2021, 1:07 PM

In Photo Manager 16 and 17, there are no folder icon picture thumbnails. The thumbnails in the folder icon that are a preview of the images within the folder. Only after I open the folder, are thumbnails created for the folder icon. The folders that contain only one image, don't display a thumb even after opening the folder. I have several hundred folders in my picture library. I don't want to open every folder to get the preview thumbnails to show.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/22/2021, 1:34 PM

@Leodf

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I think this may be connected to the setting you have for the "size of the preview pictures". See the highlighted box in my screenshot below, which is from the bottom edge of the app's screen.

I see thumbnails on all folders on my system, but reducing that setting does make them "disappear".

One other thought: have you allowed the app to fully create its database of all your folders and images? If it has not "finished" creating the database, it is possible that those thumbnails may not be visible.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Leodf wrote on 4/22/2021, 2:10 PM

Thanks for the reply. No, it's not that. The folders I've opened have the thumbs, the rest don't. I left the program running several hours without any change. I uninstalled 16 and installed 17. With the same issue. Although I noticed 17 had the exact same folders 'populated' as 16. It seems the 16 uninstall did not remove the database and the 17 install simply picked up the old database. Maybe I should try uninstalling completely and trying a fresh install. Let me know how to remove the database please.

Leodf wrote on 4/22/2021, 2:28 PM

You can see the issue here. Also, some have 4 thumbs, others 3, 2, 1 and none. Irrespective of how many pictures are in the folder.