No Audio from Built-In MIDI Keyboard

Napa39 wrote on 12/17/2018, 8:36 AM

I just updated to MMM 27 from 25. The built in keyboard (normally found at the bottom of the program) is no longer giving me any output, nor does it seem to be recording anything. I have been searching for the last 3 hours on a fix for this, but everything I have tried has not been fruitful. Further, using any ASIO or WASAPI option produces no sound whatsoever from any part of the program, even from a previously worked on project.

Computer has no dedicated sound card, just whatever is built into the motherboard. I use an AMD Ryzen 1600 and an Nvidia GTX 970. Computer audio either comes from speakers (VG248 Nvidia HDA) or my headset (Logitech G933) depending on how I want to listen.

I have tried the following:
Changed the driver to all 4 available options (Settings>Audio/MIDI>Wave Driver/Direct Sound/ASIO Driver (with ASIO4ALL)/WASAPI Driver (can't activate).) and tested audio with each one.
In the ASIO option, I have tried all options for Magix Low Latency 2016 (1+ 2, 3+ 4, etc.) and all options for ASIO4ALL.
So far those are the only things I have been able to find to 'help' solve this. None have worked. I'd rather not uninstall MMM unless it's a last resort.

This is rather worrying as I don't have a physical keyboard to make music with, so I rely on the built-in one to try out combinations of notes.

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 12/17/2018, 10:14 AM

Does the green midi light, located in the bottom right corner of the volume slider, light up when you press a key. If so does the midi input light show in any loaded instrument?

Napa39 wrote on 12/17/2018, 10:47 AM

As you can see here, I'm pressing O on my keyboard and it lights up the MIDI light. The lights to the left of that don't light up at all.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 12/17/2018, 10:53 AM

I've just done some testing. As far as I can see Music Maker just doesn't work well with internal soundcards. I did get a response with the Magix low latency driver and also my other ASIO drivers (ASIO4all and FLStudio Asio). The best thing is to use an external soundcard because that avoids problems and allows other programs to use the soundcard at the same time.

Napa39 wrote on 12/17/2018, 11:02 AM

Unfortunately, I'm unable to get sound card. The keyboard was working fine with MMM 25, but stopped working with MMM 27.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 12/17/2018, 12:32 PM

I can see that with the direct sound driver the instrument is not receiving midi. The midi in light in the instrument setting does not light. However it does with ASIO drivers. I don't know why your's do not work. Perhaps reinstall ASIO4all using the latest version and reboot.

Napa39 wrote on 12/17/2018, 7:42 PM

I have just attempted that and nothing has changed. I still can't hear anything from the software at all when I have the Audio/MIDI settings on ASIO driver with ASIO4ALL v2 selected, even from a pre-made song that doesn't use the keyboard. Direct Sound and Wave Driver still give me sound from pre-made songs.

Xreama wrote on 12/21/2018, 6:31 AM

Magix Devs removed the ability to use Direct sound and wav with a midi device and still able to hear what you are playing before recording, i had the same problem and they said its down to the new sampletude they added it, so sadly we have to stick with ASIO in order to hear what we are playing. IMO i wish they didnt as i used to livestream what i did, now nooone can hear what i play or do even with ASIO or even WASAPI in use.

Napa39 wrote on 12/21/2018, 6:43 AM

That is super unfortunate because I can't get ANY audio from ASIO or WASAPI.

ay-ca wrote on 2/17/2024, 9:14 AM

So what is the solution...?

johnebaker wrote on 2/17/2024, 9:36 AM

@ay-ca

Hi

Please do not resurrect old topics, this one is over 5 years old.

There are more modern topics where this issue has been discussed in more detail and offering solutions which usually concern either incorrect settings in the program, see this comment, or incorrect ASIO drivers.

For ASIO drivers please create a new topic and give details of the audio deices in or connected to your computer.

This topic will be closed

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.