No access to online catalogue

briadair wrote on 6/21/2021, 10:39 AM

I bought DesignerProX in April 2019 for £89. I was warned that after a year my access to Magix Online Catalogue of design resources would expire unless I renewed a subscription, and I would loose anything I had downloaded during year 1. but I thought well, the content is pretty good within the programme itself so I hardly used anything.

Now I think it a bit over the top to charge almost the same as the original programme for a sub renewal (£74)... and which would happen every year. I wasnt intending to renew, just using the excellent programme with what it had but now I find some basic things are missing/stripped eg Smartshapes.

So what do people think? As you can see I am not a "professional" but I consider myself a fairly seasoned user of these sort of software.

Look forward to a reply or two. Cheers. Brian

Comments

browj2 wrote on 6/21/2021, 10:53 AM

@briadair

Hi Brian,

Not sure what you mean, however, if you download everything possible from the on-line catalogue before expiry, everything will still be in your Local Design Gallery. I did and everything is still there. I have version 16.2.0.56957.

You definitely do not lose anything that you downloaded unless you deleted it.

You can always pay to upgrade to the current version, which likely has much more than what you have (see the new features added over the last couple of years), and get back access to the catalogue for a year, plus 1 year of M hosting, and more.

I suggest that you read about the Update Service. It has been discussed to the point of exhaustion on the Talk Graphics forum, which I suggest that you join.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

briadair wrote on 6/21/2021, 12:28 PM

Hi John,

Very good of you to post this for me.

Very clear what you say. I think I failed to download as you did. I will do as you suggest but I think the sub is a bit steep but guess I'll have to do it. I've had versions in the past but now run 16.3.0.57723

Magix is good I grant - used to run a website with it - but closed that business and updated to my current version to start another plus graphic work, but time lapsed in between and you know with anything IT .. it evolves so quickly! Don't blink! :)

Cheers... Brian