Comments

CidBil wrote on 2/28/2019, 11:36 AM

I'm on an HP laptop with the latest Windows 10 install, and although it took a little longer than normal to start, once the VST's were scanned it opened and seems to be working perfectly. (Time will tell...LOL).I think one of the reasons it slowed might have something to do with the number of VSTs you have. I don't have that many, but it still took awhile to load. 32bit VSTs now work, so I would imagine that might cause some loading issues initially. I might add that after closing then re-opening it loaded much faster....I like the ability to change the display to a lighter color, as well as the aforementioned 32bit VST support. I personally have never had the problems that some folks have experienced, so I'm really happy with the update. HTH

E39 wrote on 2/28/2019, 12:39 PM

I'm having the same problem. Upon updating it took an hour to open program. I closed it down and now it won't reopen at all!!! Scanning vst has been at 0% for a half hour now. I don't know who's brilliant idea this was but it sucks. Can this be fixed? This is very annoying and frustrating as I need to work on a project and this is bad.

E39 wrote on 2/28/2019, 12:41 PM

And now even in the 32bit version plug ins aren't working anymore!!! What is going on here?

myfitjam wrote on 2/28/2019, 1:02 PM

Hi everyone - I fixed the problem by reinstalling Acid 8. Everything is back to normal.

Former user wrote on 2/28/2019, 4:31 PM

Installed the update and everything works great, good to have VST 3 & 32bit, Took awhile to scan the plugins but once that was done it works fine. It's ironic that I was in favor of the lighter back ground but now have gotten use to the darker and now don't care for the lighter. (a bit glaring but thanks Magix for listening to your customers!) well done,..now on to other improvements.

ShawnMH wrote on 3/1/2019, 12:01 AM

I installed the update, and yes, I saw the scan taking too long box (spelled "to" on it). Many times...

Usually, I have some sort of hassle with VST scans and Magix Acid/Sound Forge Pro 12/Vegas Pro 16. Never any problem with Sound Forge Audio Studio 12.

The "box" kept hiding behind the Acid start-up screen, and no matter what option you picked (once you clicked on the box to reveal it) , it was hard to know what was happening next. After what seemed like an eternity, I chose the 10 seconds option and let it roll.

It still took quite a while, as I do have many plugins, but it completed and opened. Anxious and fully expecting to see many plugins missing, I was amazed to see that Acid 8 found them all. Every single one, in one form or another! YES!!!!!!

A ton of 32 bit VSTs which I never opt to install, but do not always have a choice were there (never showed before). Waveshells showed up in the Waves plugin list too.

I had to spend some time tidying up the folders: I just selected/ignored (which hides them) any 32 bit plugins that I had - as doubles of 64 bit ones.

I could have sworn we had more plug-in manager/folder options before: It would be nice to see the ignored/failed/hidden plugins in a folder of its own.

I have 2 PSP folders, one is "SC" for sidechain, and had only 2 plugins in it. I moved those to the main PSP folder, but I cannot delete the empty "PSP SC" folder now.

I am used to the darker view, and I never had a problem with it. The light view is bearable though, so I hope that has made some people happy. Props to Magix for listening to the people.

I am happy so far, that the scanner has done it's job nicely. I will give A8 Pro a workout tomorrow and see if stability has improved.

Thanks for the update, Magix! 👍

Matt-Francis wrote on 3/1/2019, 1:04 AM

Didn't even know there was an update until I saw this post. Light skin and JBridge = happy days. None of the instrument plug ins I got with AP8 work though. Message said "scan taking to (sic) long" and I got a bunch of error pop ups. Good to be able to open my old projects in AP8 though and I can finally start using it. Next I hope they allow to change the lightness of the tracks because that hasn't changed and it's sometimes difficult to see the envelopes.

Stephen-Harrison wrote on 3/1/2019, 3:54 AM

Hi I've had the same problem the program will not start after update, stuck on vst scan, I've left it running for over an hour but no go. I've uninstalled it, and reinstalled and it's now running, but wants to reinstall the update, I don't really have the patience to be messing about with it, can I cancel the update from within settings so it doesn't keep pestering me

Nicolas-PRAT wrote on 3/1/2019, 4:06 AM

Hi, i've had the update this morning and all work perfectly...but my Nexus Refx is not recognise in my session (its present in the plugin list of Acid Pro with this name (Nexus) but when i load one session with Nexus Plugin Acid say it don't found Nexus plugin) I work much with this plugin since more 10 years and with all acid version, since this last update, its the only time my acid dont recognise Refx Nexus...can you help me please !! Nicolas

sheppo wrote on 3/1/2019, 7:42 AM

@E39 - others in this thread have suggested a reinstall has fixed the issue for them. Can you try that, and if you're still having issues please contact support by clicking the Contact link at the bottom of each forum page.

@Nicolas-PRAT - It's possible to rename plugins, in the plugin manager (ctrl+alt+1). Can you try renaming the plugin to the expected name to see if that resolves the issue?

Nicolas-PRAT wrote on 3/1/2019, 11:26 AM

Hi Sheppo and thank you for your help.

I re-install the previous version and all its ok. I can see than the name of Refx Nexus plugin is reFx Nexus in this version. After the update with the last version, the name of this plugin change to only Nexus. I think its the problem. I try to update and change the name manualy the name of Nexus plugin. Thanks. Nicolas

roland14 wrote on 3/1/2019, 5:16 PM

On every old project that I open in new wersion I get this message "The Soft Synth plug-in "Nexus" was not found or did not load properly."

I get this with Nexus, Spire, Serum, etc. on the 8.0.7 I only had no Spire now with 8.0.8 i have no any vst.

This really sucks, no update for over 6 months and now even worse version instead of better.

If I make a new project the vst seem to be working fine, so this only happens on old projets mad e with older version.

Question to reinstal, where do i find the downloaded exe file for new version, when I went to my account there is only 8.0.7 for download, and when I did automatic update from acid pro8 pulpit it does not seem to save it to the installmanager in Magix downloads folder like it did for older versions?

bfresh wrote on 3/1/2019, 5:40 PM

I could not get the update to work. I had to do a system restore so I could get work done. If I uninstall and then reinstall, how can I install the newly updated version as opposed to installing AP8 1.3.43.37 initially followed by the update? Is there a way to download the updated version?

sheppo wrote on 3/2/2019, 4:37 AM

@bfresh - i checked yesterday, and only the previous publicly available version is available at the minute from the AP installation manager. I'm sure the latest build will make it to soon, but just not yet.

The installer you download from your profile on magix.com saves installation programs to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager by default, Build 8.0.7.233 (the previous build) is called ACID_Pro_8_DLV_INT_x64_180920_16-50_8_0_7_233.exe. Then when you open AP it should prompt you to install the latest version. if not, go to Help -> Update program online

@roland14 - if you open the plugin manager (ctrl+alt+1), click the configure VST icon on the plugin manager toolbar, tick force rebuild, then hit scan, close and re-open AP, then try to open your project. Does this fix the VST names?

And yeah, we had the same issue with the previous release, it took a few days for the updated installer to make it to the installation manager. I'll raise this as an issue with the team, see if they can get on that a bit faster for the next release.

Stephen-Harrison wrote on 3/2/2019, 10:28 AM

Hi I've had the same problem the program will not start after update, stuck on vst scan, I've left it running for over an hour but no go. I've uninstalled it, and reinstalled and it's now running, but wants to reinstall the update, I don't really have the patience to be messing about with it, can I cancel the update from within settings so it doesn't keep pestering me

I've decided the best way to sort this out is to block Acid Pro 8 access through my firewall, so it now doesn't continually annoy me trying to install an update that doesn't work, shame really because I preferred the old Sony colour scheme.

Stephen-Harrison wrote on 3/3/2019, 10:53 AM

I've decided the best way to sort this out is to block Acid Pro 8 access through my firewall, so it now doesn't continually annoy me trying to install an update that doesn't work, shame really because I preferred the old Sony colour scheme.

Last one.....I don't know if they've amended the update but it it has now completed on both 32 and 64 bit the only thing that I've changed in the process is that I re-enabled splash screen in preferences.

ACID-Support wrote on 3/4/2019, 5:31 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm really sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with the latest patch release. It had a massive rebuild of the complete plug-in scanning system, so even after much, much testing, some problems we couldn't predict. If you are having trouble getting ACID to open because of the VST scanning, the following might help:

With ACID not running, 
locate the following directory on your machine:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\8.0

Locate these files: 
acidpro.plugincache_x32.xml
acidpro.plugincache_x64.xml
​acidpro_bridgeaware_plugincache_x64.xml

and delete them. If you open the program again, ACID should reset its search directory for plugins. It will be necessary to add and scan again any additional VST folders.

If you are able to open ACID, a force rescan on the VST configuration tab should do the trick and show all the available plugins.

Cheers!

Bea

Muncle wrote on 5/7/2019, 3:47 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm really sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with the latest patch release. It had a massive rebuild of the complete plug-in scanning system, so even after much, much testing, some problems we couldn't predict. If you are having trouble getting ACID to open because of the VST scanning, the following might help:

With ACID not running, 

Locate these files: 

and delete them. If you open the program again, ACID should reset its search directory for plugins. It will be necessary to add and scan again any additional VST folders.

If you are able to open ACID, a force rescan on the VST configuration tab should do the trick and show all the available plugins.

Cheers!

Bea

Is there any update at all to this issue? It seems that many people (myself included) are still having issues getting the program to even run. I have tried all the suggested solutions and nothing has worked.

VeckStarling_aka_RoyAlanis wrote on 5/9/2019, 10:53 PM

Hello everyone!

With ACID not running, 

Locate these files: 

Cheers!

Bea

Is there any update at all to this issue? It seems that many people (myself included) are still having issues getting the program to even run. I have tried all the suggested solutions and nothing has worked.

I am still having the above mentioned problem with the upgrade after install. I have had to reinstall the previous release in order to get Acid Pro 8 to launch without getting hung up searching for VST and other plugins. I have tried to do the update to the new release after reinstalling the previous release, but I wind up having the same problem when launching the program of getting hung up searching for plugins. So it looks like the problem may still exist in some cases.

ZePopy wrote on 5/10/2019, 7:22 AM

Currently, I have found a temporary solution while waiting for a patch :

1) delete these files mentioned above (as well as *grovel.*)

2) run AP8 while the files are being recreated and close immediately before scanning starts

3) empty the directories declared in the acidpro_bridgeaware_plugincache_x64.xml file (C:\Program Files\vstplugins, C:\Program Files\Common Files, etc...)

4) redo a complete installation of the plugins

Normally everything should work.

If you do not want to empty the vstplugins directory, you can do a test by creating a new folder, and specifying its name instead of VSTPlugins in the acidpro_bridgeaware_plugincache_x64.xml file.

Reinstall some plugins by indicating this new path, and see how the software behaves.

Hopefully this will help :-)

David-Stevens wrote on 6/28/2019, 2:01 AM

HOW is it so many people have this problem, and we're still waiting for a fix? The trial version worked perfectly for 30 days, enough so that I happily purchased the full version.

Big mistake, apparently-- now it doesn't work at all, I can't even get it to open. My Windows 10 PC is top-notch, I've tried every bit of advice listed above, I've completely deleted everything in my VST folders, uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times, and it still doesn't work. I've messaged customer support four days ago and haven't heard back.

Not ok, Magix. If the trial version works but the full version doesn't, figure out the differences and FIX IT. And maybe respond to your support requests while you're at it.

myfitjam wrote on 6/28/2019, 9:15 AM

@bfresh - i checked yesterday, and only the previous publicly available version is available at the minute from the AP installation manager. I'm sure the latest build will make it to soon, but just not yet.

The installer you download from your profile on magix.com saves installation programs to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager by default, Build 8.0.7.233 (the previous build) is called ACID_Pro_8_DLV_INT_x64_180920_16-50_8_0_7_233.exe. Then when you open AP it should prompt you to install the latest version. if not, go to Help -> Update program online

@roland14 - if you open the plugin manager (ctrl+alt+1), click the configure VST icon on the plugin manager toolbar, tick force rebuild, then hit scan, close and re-open AP, then try to open your project. Does this fix the VST names?

And yeah, we had the same issue with the previous release, it took a few days for the updated installer to make it to the installation manager. I'll raise this as an issue with the team, see if they can get on that a bit faster for the next release.

I paid Magix for software that works...I did not pay Magix so I could fix it for them. This is NOT cool....very over it

myfitjam wrote on 6/28/2019, 10:12 AM

Hello everyone!

With ACID not running, 

Locate these files: 

Cheers!

Bea

-----I paid Magix for software that should work ...I did not pay Magix so I could fix it for them. This is NOT cool....very over it.

David-Stevens wrote on 6/30/2019, 1:50 AM

HOW is it so many people have this problem, and we're still waiting for a fix? The trial version worked perfectly for 30 days, enough so that I happily purchased the full version.

Big mistake, apparently-- now it doesn't work at all, I can't even get it to open. My Windows 10 PC is top-notch, I've tried every bit of advice listed above, I've completely deleted everything in my VST folders, uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times, and it still doesn't work. I've messaged customer support four days ago and haven't heard back.

Not ok, Magix. If the trial version works but the full version doesn't, figure out the differences and FIX IT. And maybe respond to your support requests while you're at it.

FOLLOWING UP:

First of all, friendly tip to everyone who's purchased this software: Magix is in zero hurry to follow up on support requests-- until you post them in a public forum. After hearing nothing from my direct support request, I posted the previous comment in this thread-- POW, I heard from them the next morning. Funny how that works.

(Granted, their "support" was pretty unsupportive and scripted: "uninstall, reinstall again, sounds like a corrupted file, you're welcome, good luck." They apparently read past the part where I mentioned I'd already done that a dozen times with the same result.)

HERE'S THE FIX, and the only one that actually works if you're experiencing the same issues.

Delete everything Magix/Acid from your PC. Restart. Download it again. Install it, enter your serial number and your purchase info so that it will officially activate, and then immediately shut the program down and go offline. If you stay online, Acid will start downloading "Important Updates," which is apparently a euphemysm for "cr@p that will make the program stop working." Don't let it. As long as you're working with the original, non-updated offline download of Acid, it works like a charm.

The catch is that you can't be connected to the internet while the program is running. If you are, it'll update to non-functioning mode. Whatever's in the update kills the program for a lot of us.

Hey Magix-- this issue is months old, judging by multiple comments on this thread. We all paid for this lemon, be a pal and release a patch, ya? You have our money, give us a working product.

(On a side note, after uninstalling and re-installing this program a million times and clicking "English," Magix Connect is still German af, every time. Maybe fix that too.)