New version 2022 of SOS VIDEO CASSETTE vs version 8 of 2017

Alessandro-Valente wrote on 2/19/2022, 8:53 AM

I purchased the SOS VIDEO CASSETTE version 8 in 2017 and I wonder what are the main differences and/or extra features of the latest version. I would like to to understand as well if it possible to purchase only the upgrade version of the software instead of buying again the whole package with the same cable that I already have and don't need. I tried to contact MAGIX support in the past without success and I would appreciate some follow up on this subject.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/19/2022, 10:04 AM

@Alessandro-Valente

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff, sorry.

The "new" features of the latest release of what is now called Rescue Your Videotapes can be found on this page.

Because the product seems to be sold only as a boxed package I do not think you can purchase ONLY the software, without the cable interface. However, I do understand why you would ask this and I think you need to email infoservice@magix.net and ask them whether it is possible to upgrade only the software.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam