New Update for Acid Pro 11

SporkimusPrime wrote on 12/20/2022, 9:12 PM

let's hope this helps the stability some.

Changes in patch 11.0.2.21 compared to 11.0.1.17

VST effects chain state handling fixed

some newer Vita Solo Instruments can now be instantiated

new Vita Solo Instruments (Angels Harp, E-Bass, Clean E-Guitar) via In-App-Store available

new Cherry Audio Instruments (Sines & GX-80) via In-App-Store available

Changes in patch 11.0.1.17 compared to 11.0.0.1434

VST-instrument 'Lowdown' now available via In-App-Store

Comments

Air wrote on 12/21/2022, 8:31 AM

what about all the AP10 users???

SporkimusPrime wrote on 12/21/2022, 8:39 AM

Support seemed to indicate to me any work on the VST engine going forward would be done on AP11. Don't feel too bad, mine still crashes a lot after the update :)

Only real benefit I got upgrading to 11 was newer CoreFX VSTs and a visual equalizer that is nice. Other than that, it really isn't a lot of difference. Hoping some more stability comes into play.

SP. wrote on 12/21/2022, 8:54 AM

I mean, all but one improvement of the new update are more paid DLC options in the shop. This seems to be more important than bug fixes. Very disappointing. The last update was also only something about the in-app-store if I remember it correctly.

Former user wrote on 12/21/2022, 9:23 AM

@SporkimusPrime I don't feel bad just cheated, (like all the other AP users should) Admittedly I don't use this bug ridden program anymore, only when I need to retrieve something as I did yesterday and AP10 didn't disappoint, it crashed and frozen up a number of times. So in the end it comes down to this: all AP8 - 10 users can 'F' off, Magix is not going to fix this program unless....we pay up again...

As I sit here writing about this "update' and the situation Magix has left it's users in, I've come to my end with this company and it's software. I believe I'll spend the week after Christmas getting every piece of work that's was done on AP transferred off and finally be done with this, uninstall it and walk away. @SP. Keep up the good work you do, well done !!

A very Merry Christmas & a Wonderful New Year to all you AP users, everywhere.

SporkimusPrime wrote on 12/21/2022, 9:27 AM

@SP. Agreed. It is silly @Former user I hear you. Ableton Live has been calling my name. I got Ableton Live Lite with my Focusrite, but don't have cash laying around for the Standard version. I have fooled with it and it is rock solid. I still like Acid in terms of looping / sampling, but as soon as I touch MIDI (which is about all I do with EDM stuff) it dies quick death. Even the things that COME WITH ACID crash. Like Convology XT (from my purchase of Acid 10) it crashes Acid 4 out of 10 times when loading the VST. Also, Oberhausen synth has blue screened my PC 2x and crashed Acid 9 out of 10 times. Which sucks. I love that synth. Works flawlessly in Ableton, same exact version of the VST. Lastly, VST3 instruments simply don't work. So Folks with EZDrummer 3 are kinda effed.

sheppo wrote on 12/22/2022, 5:08 AM

I've reached out to someone internal at Magix to see if we can get clarification, or a gesture of goodwill and get the bugfix back ported, or at least get confirmation of whether Acid Pro 10 is EoL so those of you on AP10 definitively know where you stand.

An update on how I see things within Magix.

The bug feedback thread was posted by the then Magix community manager, who left the organisation a few months back, which has left us moderators in a difficult spot. This was the second Redaktion in a few years, so read in to that what you will. As moderators we no longer have an official community manager point of contact or route for escalating issues - this the main reason I've been less active on the forums and considering rescinding my moderator role.

That said, us moderators do have A contact, and for now, at least, moderator-specific communication is good. By that I mean actual moderation of the forum. But product-specific communication, or requests for feedback etc is not so good. I do not know what's happening internally with Acid, for example. I'd love to be volunteer community product manager for Acid and get an open and transparent dialog going with the internal teams.. but I don't think that will happen.

deejay-D wrote on 5/29/2023, 9:18 PM

Wow. Thank you guys for the great commments - I am disabled and have sent sevral requests for assistance to the "Tech Support" contacts, "Tickets", and had no comments on any forum posts. I caved , offered to 'upgrade' if that is what is really needed to get back to my music - if I could get a coupon code, being I paid to upgrade just over 1 yr ago! Thank you for the other audio DAW suggestions, I need to check them out - and tomorrow I will report the neglect for assistance I asked for several times. - (A disappointed ACID PRO user since 2008!)

Blacksunshine wrote on 11/11/2023, 8:10 AM

I wish i could use this patch but when I close the program to update nothing happens. Even after clicking "update now" it just closes and nothing happens. It's really annoying when the program fails to update itself.

SP. wrote on 11/11/2023, 8:19 AM

@Blacksunshine It's possible that Windows or another antivirus software deletes the update installer. Please check their settings or disable them temporarily. I hope it helps.