New and Weird Behaviour with Acid 8 (32 and 64)

mellotronworker wrote on 8/26/2018, 12:19 PM

1. Why can I no longer drag and drop WAV files onto Acid? If I want to add a WAV file as a new track I now find that the only way I can do this is to add an audio track, go to the clip properties, add the file from there and then paint it in.

2. Why is the option to freeze a MIDI track often disabled? Under what conditions is this disabled?

3. Why are SO many of my VSTs (soft synths and effects) failing to load under Acid-64, even when Jbridged? They seem to load OK under the 32 bit version, but masses of them fail under the 64 bit version. What causes them to fail?

Comments

mellotronworker wrote on 8/27/2018, 11:47 AM

>> Why can I no longer drag and drop WAV files onto Acid?

Well, one problem has been solved. You cannot drag and drop WAV files onto the track window if you are running Acid 8.0 as Admin. I'd just love to know why!

sheppo wrote on 8/28/2018, 5:22 AM

it sounds like you're running the application as an administrator, for some reason. This definitely happens when running any application as an admin mode - you cannot perform OLE operations between applications running as different users.

1. did you right click on the application and choose to launch as an administrator or another users?

2. did you modify the shortcut to run as an administrator every time, from the compatibility tab?

mellotronworker wrote on 8/30/2018, 2:35 PM

Yes, that was the issue. Thanks!