New Acid Version

Comments

kinvermark wrote on 1/25/2017, 10:45 PM

I got the same e-mail, downloaded the free Musicmaker and then filled out the Magix survey.  Lots of questions about Musicmaker; none about ACID, but I made sure to point out that I DONT want Musicmaker; what I would really really like is  a NEW UPDATED ACID PRO!     Anyway, fingers crossed that that is what we get.

Babis wrote on 1/26/2017, 7:30 AM

There will, indeed, be a new version of Acid. I received an email sometime last week.

I hope what you refer to is an Acid Pro x64 version and not just another Acid music studio. Please share more if you can, thanks.

Wow, it's real alright. Thank you for sharing. I just hope they intend to bring a full blown pro x64 version and not just a new soft that is a cross between Music Maker and Acid.

DJ_ak wrote on 1/30/2017, 9:02 PM

Please keep us informed on any updates on the new acid please. I've been using it as my primary daw for over 10 years. Ive tried maybe every other daw on the market and nothing is as fast with a simple workspace as acid so I'm super excited if a new version is in the works.

frank18 wrote on 2/1/2017, 3:39 AM

Good news! Magix has confirmed that they are developing on a new Acid Pro Version :-)))

I asked (in German) via their facebook Page and they answered (also in German):  

"Hallo ..., da hast du anscheinend die Hinweise richtig gedeutet ;) . Ja, im Moment befinden wir uns in der Weiterentwicklung von ACID Pro.
Viele Grüße | MAGIX Social Media Team"

Here´s the link:

https://www.facebook.com/MAGIX/posts/10154447199792579?comment_id=10154968205517579&reply_comment_id=10154970872407579

DANADAX wrote on 2/2/2017, 3:32 AM

I asked if they were going to release it for Mac as well. They said they couldn't discuss operating system specs yet. I'm hopeful that maybe they'll make a Mac port.

frank18 wrote on 2/2/2017, 3:49 AM

Don´t think so. The whole App is deeply based on Windows and I do not think they will do a complete rewrite. IMO they will actualize the Framework, make it 64 Bit for Windows and implement some Features. Remember, Music Maker and Samplitude is only Windows, too. Here lies their strength.

But there are Bootmanagers for Mac, which work.

DANADAX wrote on 2/2/2017, 11:29 AM

I'm well aware of boot managers. Other than macOS, I have Windows and Linux OSes, some on the internal Mac SSD and some on external hard drives. I also have virtual machines, to add to that. A guy can wish, anyway. Acid Pro is pretty much the only reason why I keep Windows around. If there was a Mac port, I could say goodbye to Windows, forever. Oh well...

DANADAX wrote on 2/2/2017, 11:34 AM

I guess it would depend on the coding languages they use as well as their compilers. FL Studio went from being Windows-only but will soon have a macOS version, as well. It probably would also depend on if they had a sizable team of people trying to port Acid Pro to Mac.

frank18 wrote on 2/2/2017, 12:23 PM

Well, I understand your point of view. If Acid would be native on Mac, an OS change would be more attraktive to those Acid users who think about it.

Shobu wrote on 2/15/2018, 8:41 AM

Hi,

in spring 2018 a new ACID Pro version will be released. There are already the first announcement on the Magix homepage:

"ACID Pro revolutionized music making – and we assure you, it's still going to be a world leader in loop-based music production come Spring 2018. Sneak Peak of ACID Pro 8

• new modernized and completly refreshed Interface
  • powerful 64-bit Version
  • VST3 support for your creative flow
  • New virtual Instruments
  • Tons of new ACIDized Loops
  • and much more"
david-taylor wrote on 5/2/2018, 9:02 PM

Having problems with 8 pulling in Kontakt 5 and Drumcore 4. 7 pulled in K5 no problem and I use it on midi tracks to access library was awaiting 8 to utilize D4 VST3. Have checked all vst paths with no success.

MrSoundman wrote on 5/3/2018, 2:47 AM

This initial release does not support VST3, but it has been promised as a free update.

david-taylor wrote on 5/3/2018, 11:22 AM

Ok thanks for the confirmation, I'll patiently wait for the update. Was happy to see they pretty much kept the look and feel to 7.