New Acid Version

frank18 wrote on 11/4/2016, 3:08 AM

Hi Magix,

what about the future of Acid? Please do nort make the same mistake as Sony did and stay quiet. Here are people who are willing to pay for an upgrade, especially for a 64 Bit Verson.

For more than 6 years we could not see if the program is dead or alive.

There is a lot of potential in Acid. The workflow is much better than in any other Magix product, better than in any other DAW on the market.. 

Please keep it alive and tell the userbase if  there ever will be an Acid 8 Version. Not really important WHEN at this time, more important is IF...

All the best...

Comments

brokenbeats wrote on 11/4/2016, 12:02 PM

I have to second this--  I do have another DAW (FL Studio) but I honestly prefer mixing in Acid Pro.

I do a lot of MIDI composing and put my ideas down in FL studio;  I then render to audio and mix 100% audio in Acid (no MIDI).

I would really love an updated 64 bit version of Acid to be able to mix complicated sessions without buffering or other processing issues.

I do produce on a professional level, so this isn't a request from someone on the level of simply creating music as a hobby.

I have music signed to labels and chart placements on Beatport.  The music's on Apple Music/Spotify/Itunes/etc.

All that to say I'm not the biggest EDM artist (at the moment ), but I do work on a professional level and Acid Pro is very useful with putting together a track, especially when it comes to complex music like Dubstep/Trap/Complextro/Electro.

Acid can handle multiple Wav files being chopped/reversed/flipped/etc...  and I'm very quick with the keyboard shortcuts.

Maybe it needs to be marketed better or have an updated GUI, but it's really quite good (on par with Ableton if they can just do a few tweaks).

Maybe merge some of Magix Music Maker with Acid Pro to come out with a new program... but the beatmapping, workflow and keyboard shortcuts are grea.

therapture wrote on 11/8/2016, 6:58 AM

Agreed. I've used Acid for 7 years or more. Time for an upgrade chaps!

ropp wrote on 11/15/2016, 4:54 PM

Can we please get an answer to this?

browj2 wrote on 12/6/2016, 9:43 AM

Hi,

This is a user forum. No one here works for Magix, so don't expect Magix to reply.

See that advert for ACID here. It looks to me like Magix is planning on keeping it going.

Last changed by browj2 on 12/6/2016, 9:43 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

mjn wrote on 12/9/2016, 12:49 PM

My workflow is similar to brokenbeats except reversed. I start every project in ACID Pro 7 and get as much done as possible on the composition using my loop and sample collections. I too am very familar and quick with the keyboard shortcuts. Once I reach a certain point, I export each track as a wave file and import into SONAR for recording additional parts and mixing.

I'm also a music industry professional. My tracks have been used in hundreds of TV shows and in a few feature films. I could learn SONAR's looping features better, but I'm just so fast in ACID, it's really better for me.

david-taylor wrote on 12/17/2016, 1:18 PM

Totally concur with frank18. I have really tried to work with other packages and continue to come back to the old work horse that does everything I need from starting with midi files and routing tracks to various plug-in and sample engines to mixing in audio files. I have used multi rack i/o equipment for recording band rehearsal and produced a complete collection of originals. All I need to see is VST 3 support and I'll be a happy continuous Acid user. Playing with Samplitude but the feel just ain't right so far but I'll keep giving it a chance in case I have no choice but to abandon Acid.

Babis wrote on 12/26/2016, 3:44 PM

Used them all and own a bunch of hi-end DAWs in my studio ( Cubase, StudioOne, Live, Sonar, Samplitude ). I have also been an Acid user since literally day one (anyone remember Acid ph1?). Some younger or newer users may not realize the revolution that Acid was, but essentially it was the much needed next step to digital sampling (about 20 years after its introduction), and sequencing shortly after if you like. Anyone spent countless hours time-stretching loops with Emus, Akais and a pocket calculator on the side knows exactly what i am talking about. There is nothing that comes close to Acid Pro's ease of use and "lightning speed" user interface, plus the way it works with audio and midi loop material is second to none even so many years after its 7th incarnation. And of course its hidden depth makes it adequate in most professional scenarios as well. I do agree with everyone here. May i add, as many other keen Acid users we 've been left in the dark, first neglected and then abandoned although we paid top dollar. Being an owner of a multitude of soft i have to say Sony had the absolute worst respect for their paying customers, if any at all. Imho this led us now to be afraid to ask for a full blown, shiny new innovative version. Yes i would settle for the same Acid 7 in 64bit with VST3 support, hell i would 've been grateful. But as a longtime professional and user of other DAWs too, i could (and will when the time comes) propose at least 15 must have features that are now lacking from the current version apart from the x64/VST3 support. You see, more or less it's common knowledge, that for a soft like Acid Pro (and Sound Forge too) to become 64bit, the majority -if not all- of the code has to be re-written, which is a ton of a workload and needs a dedicated team to happen. Which leads to the logical conclusion: If a team is assembled to re-write Acid Pro, adding new features is the LEAST they can do. And i am quite certain, if executed correctly, this new soft could be as exciting as back in '98.

I understand this is a user forum but i 'd like to believe posts are read. So please Magix, give us Acid Pro 8 x64 and let the PHoen1x rise from the ashes.

Respect to all, merry Xmas and a happy new year

napadunlapz wrote on 1/1/2017, 12:09 PM

Babis, (request for PDF version of Acid Pro manual???)

You appear to be the Acid Veteran of this bunch. I was using Roland equipment when you were originally forging ahead with Acid (and probably Soundforge too), but now I want to convert. Can you recommend Acid for live sampling? I actually want to remix VS-2000 tracks through hardware effects...or maybe just cleanly thru spdif-- into a DAW or hardware sampler to create 4--16 measure blocks for remixing. Much of my VS material I still see potential in but it but is too LINEAR (hence the short sections/effects-tweaked /reworking concept).

...been listening to Rap/R and B every A.M. on my clock radio--so sonically strong, SOOOO repetitious (without being tooooo repetitious). I'd like to work from simpler loops. I'm also a Magix Music Maker user; occasionally I export Magix tracks as individual waves then import them onto the Roland VS..

VS-2000 material (some from Music Maker) sampled back into Acid?--sound ridiculous? It probably is. But I don't have the patience to start over from scratch. Also...would be interested in hearing your own music.

Babis wrote on 1/1/2017, 2:27 PM

@napadunlapz

Actually i used to have to have a Roland VS1680 as well, so i 'm quite familiar with what you want to do my friend. Roland Vs tracks to Acid (or any other DAW) is not ridiculous at all. Back then I did almost the same thing, recording realtime the audio by connecting my Roland's digital out to my soundcard's digital in. But for you, I understand your VS2000 can save those tracks to cd, so probably the fastest way, would be to burn these tracks onto cd(s) and then put those16bit audio cds in your computers cd/dvdrom and import to ACID Pro from the file menu in Acid. I don't know if you can burn 24 bit cd-rom files with the VS2000. If you cannot and your recordings are 24bit you probably have to do it the "tedious" way as i did :-)

Whatever method you follow, Acid will be your friend for remixing as nothing comes close for studio remixing because of the way Acid's algorithm recognizes audio loop (and midi) content. Even long audio tracks that are "tagged" with bpm and pitch metadata, comply to what you set as master bpm and pitch in Acid. So a semitone higher or lower or 5 bpm faster or slower for example, is always just a click away within Acid. Straight up recorded audio tracks that include no metadata at all, can easily be tagged with bpm and pitch metadata within Acid. As an extension to this, SoundForge can do the same thing with a very useful dedicated menu it has called Edit Acid Properties. And you can also use SoundForge's batch convert function to input metadata to a bunch of files (and of course apply effects, change bitrate etc etc). You can also use SoundForge as audio editor for Acid (it's a selection in the Acid's preferences) and every audio file you have in Acid can precisely edited in SoundForge with just a click. Opening a file from Acid in SoundForge is as easy as highlighting the audio track and then clicking on a dedicated button (this opens the file in SoundForge or any other audio editor of your choice, you can set these in Acid's preferences, i have both SoundForge and Wavelab). Saving the audio in SoundForge and returning to Acid will replace the original audio file in Acid's track with the one you saved in SoundForge.You can also select to open a copy of your audio in SoundForge if you don't want the whole process to be what we call "destructive" editing.

Keep in mind you can do all these with the trial versions, both AcidPro and SoundForge trials are fully working for a whole month. You can also grab the manual for both from the trials/downloads section. So just download them and see if they fit your workflow. Beware that both these apps are 32bit, which means they will work on a 64bit Windows OS but you will have limited access to ram. And it's actually the only huge limitation, for people like me who work with huge Vst instruments like Ni Kontakt etc. I have found a workaround for this using JBridge, so i am using Acid with 64bit Vst effects and instruments but not without a few "hiccups" and of course this is a whole different story hehehe.)

Hope i was helpful, feel free to ask away, although i feel this was a matter for a different forum thread, i hope the people can excuse us :-)

Happy New Year!

napadunlapz wrote on 1/1/2017, 3:40 PM
  • Happy New Year, and thanks, Babis! I got the trial version, still Sony-branded for some reason, looks good. I also just got the NI "Scarbee Funk Guitarist". Where might one hear your music?
Babis wrote on 1/1/2017, 9:34 PM

Most of my latest stuff is recording/production or remixing for Greek bands/acts, so you probably won't understand a thing lyrically. Pm me if you still wanna listen to any of these heheh. Instead here's a link of what i do for fun :

https://indabamusic.com/opportunities/ryan-skyy-feat-niki-darling-done-remix-contest/submissions/21a173d8-5910-11e5-a4b8-0ecc5ee2f2bd

You may have to copy/paste the link in your browser for it to display the correct remix. If the link doesn't display the Babino remix or you are interested in hearing more, search indaba for my profile , my name there is Babino. Cheers :)

napadunlapz wrote on 1/2/2017, 11:59 AM

"Babino"...the link worked and I too was time-warped (not in the specific sense of your phrase), but not knowing the original, Done is just authentic disco to me! ...will search indaba,and please keep me informed RE your efforts. I should mix my unfinished version of The Letter and see if you have tips for me. Re-mixing can take centuries, time I should spend shopping for a South American bride or something!

-David Napa CA

DANADAX wrote on 1/24/2017, 3:30 AM

There will, indeed, be a new version of Acid. I received an email sometime last week.

DANADAX wrote on 1/24/2017, 3:31 AM

And when I say I received an email, I'm not talking about that survey they sent months back, which I already filled out.

frank18 wrote on 1/24/2017, 3:35 AM

There will, indeed, be a new version of Acid. I received an email sometime last week.

DANADAX, can you share the text of the email, please?

Babis wrote on 1/24/2017, 4:55 AM

I hope what you refer to is an Acid Pro x64 version and not just another Acid music studio. Please share more if you can, thanks.

DANADAX wrote on 1/24/2017, 10:59 AM

I was asked by some of you to share the information I have. So here it is. I blacked out personal information, for obvious reasons. I took two screenshots of the email I received.

Part One of the email (yes, I was given a FREE license to a product!). I have circled in red where they have mentioned a new version of Acid Pro (yes, PRO!):

Part Two of the email. Again, they have mentioned a new version of Acid. I have circled the words in red.

frank18 wrote on 1/24/2017, 11:18 AM

OMG... Seems to be real... Thanks for posting this.

DANADAX wrote on 1/24/2017, 11:31 AM

No problem! I am excited, personally!

frank18 wrote on 1/24/2017, 11:34 AM

agree

DANADAX wrote on 1/24/2017, 11:45 AM

P.S. Back in the days when the Acid fanbase was on the Sony forum, my username was DANADAX, and about a few years before that, my username was the_curtis_man. I am a legit person, I will not B.S. you. I did not shit a brick when I got this email, instead, I shit an entire brick house!

frank18 wrote on 1/24/2017, 11:59 AM

😜😀 I am a user since the late 90s and would like to return (with 64 Bit, of course). My acid forum name was mfkne. Long ago...

david-taylor wrote on 1/25/2017, 3:39 PM

Alright then, these Forums are read and hopefully Magix will come thru for all us Acid lovers. Looking forward to supporting upgrade efforts with the upgrade as soon as it is available.