New Acid & Updated

Rasmir_Mantree wrote on 3/1/2019, 1:18 PM

I Just Uninstalled the New Acid 8 Update, Because It DELETED ALL OF MY PRESETS. I Reinstalled The Previous Version & I Got Them All Back. Get Tire Of These New problems when Old Issues Haven't Been Resolved.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 3/2/2019, 4:18 AM

Hi @Rasmir_Mantree, I understand that it can be frustrating when there's a bug in software you've paid for. I'm glad you found a work around though. Could you please provide more details about this issue, and these older issues have not been resolved that you refer to. That way we can make the developers aware of the bugs and hopefully get them fixed in future versions.

steps to reproduce the issues would be super helpful!

Rasmir_Mantree wrote on 3/2/2019, 5:43 AM

As I said before There's Are No Saved Presets. When I go to the EQ Not 1 Preset Saved. Also with The Acid 8 Suite I'n Unable to Import mp3 & Render to mp3. Re: [Ticket#2018123017000339]

Matt-Francis wrote on 3/2/2019, 6:16 AM

I had the same thing. Started using AP8 when I found out it had been updated to include a light skin and noticed all the presets on the old Sony plug ins have disappeared. I can just open up AP7 to see what values to use and then manually enter them in AP8 but is is a pain in the derriere.

peteschell wrote on 3/2/2019, 9:01 AM

Dear Magix,

What have you done?!? I installed the latest AP8 update to 8.0.8. several days ago and ALL VST PRESETS are now missing. VSTs work but zero presets. Extremely ANNOYED and PISSED. I have several recording sessions booked and have to postpone till I get this resolved. I will try to delete the latest update and go back to the previous version.

1. Please... LMK what is wrong with latest update and not allowing VST presets. Is there a fix? Do you have any suggestions for immediate help?

2. Please... thoroughly test BEFORE releasing updates. Glitches like this make me seriously consider looking into other DAWS and not recommending AP8.

Looking forward to a speedy response and fix.

emmrecs wrote on 3/2/2019, 9:24 AM

@peteschell

Welcome to the Magix forums.

You need to be aware that these are user-to-user forums, not a route to Magix Support. If you wish to raise a ticket about the problem you are experiencing, please click the "Contact" link which can be found in the footer of every forum page.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

sheppo wrote on 3/2/2019, 5:22 PM

@Rasmir_Mantree - out of interest, have you installed a Codec Pack, or something similar? I see a few people on this forum complain about importing, or rendering MP3s. I've been using Vegas and Acid for 15+ years, and MP3 import and export has worked all that time. So, there may be something overwriting how Windows reads MP3 files? If you have a codec pack installed try uninstalling it, or choosing not to install audio codecs that could be confusing ACID.

I'm only an end user moderator, I don't work for Magix, and I cannot see that you have logged a support request - although I am glad that you have.

@peteschell - if you have saved filter presets from ACID (as in from the preset bar above the VST, and not a preset saved from the VST itself), they should be on your hard disks somewhere. Search your hard disks for *.fxp or *.fxb. It looks like ACID just forgot where they are during the upgrade, likely due to the VST engine being completely overhauled.

"what is wrong with latest update and not allowing VST presets" - what? It allows presets just fine. Just tested saving and opening. No problems. Are you not able to save / load presets?

"thoroughly test BEFORE releasing updates" - this update spent several months in the hands of beta testers, and Magix's own internal testing, it wasn't a bug that was seen - at least on the beta testers forum. Some of the other guys there have, by the sounds of it, every VST ever made. There were also builds that didn't get released due to issues. Not that it is my place to defend Magix, but it seriously looks like Magix tested where they could. Let's help figure out what went wrong here as a community and make sure it doesn't happen on future updates? :)