New Acid Pro good news, give your feedback

VMP wrote on 1/25/2017, 10:34 AM

I got a nice survey with good news about Acid from Magix, they are great!
It is for the upcoming Acid Pro, hopefully it will be 64 bit, that's what I mainly need as update.

If you get the survey too be sure to mention what you need, 64 bit is what I highlighted.
They also asked what I like about Acid Pro compared to other comparable software this is what I like about Acid Pro:

Total workflow of Acid Pro is great, very similar to Vegas Pro which I use often too.  I have been using Vegas Pro since version 3.

What I like from Acid pro:
The navigation and zoom function of the timeline like in Acid pro: Ctrl+scroll, alt+scroll, quickly zooming into loop wave forms and flying through through the timeline, even when playing back. This saves a lot of time and hassle.
- Fast cutting with ‘S’ key
- Auto crossfading loop events when sliding then into each other on the timeline.
- Fast assigning of midi and VST instruments in the tracks.
 - The overall workflow of loops.
I do much film scoring with Acid Pro so the tempo change (throughout the timeline) and ‘section’ selection is vital for me too.
- Insert->section 
and 
Insert-> time signature change, also the ‘project key’.

In Acid pro each section then can have its own label above the timeline, these ‘sections’ ‘parts’ of the timeline composition you can then swap too. Like put verse 1 behind verse 2.
This tempo and section change is vital for film scoring, to adjust the film score according to changing scenes.
- Ability to add quick chained (vst) effects per track, EQ, compression, wave hammer, noise reduction etc.
-Ability to show/hide keyboard writing tool for midi track ‘G’ key (after inserting midi track).
- Ability to turn off Asio mode.

- The only thing I miss with Acid Pro 7 is that it is not ported to 64 bit, otherwise I would be very happy. Due to it not being 64 bit, it is limited by memory. I use VST instruments from East West sounds, like the Hollywood Strings and horns instruments. Acid Pro 7 crashes due it not being a 64 bit software. So really hoping that you guys can port it to 64 bit. 

Something I forgot to mention in the survey is the timeline cursor of Acid Pro, its great that I can click anywere on the timeline and resume playback, most software including from Magix you can only click above the ruler. In Acid Pro you can click anywhere and hit 'Enter' to play from that point.

VMP

Comments

david-taylor wrote on 1/25/2017, 3:42 PM

Totally concur with all of the above. The ability to drop a midi file on a track and have it automatically expand all instruments allows me to quickly reproduce cover tunes while adding additional clips as desired. Kontakt interface is straight forward and Drum Core worked wonderfully in concert.

Babis wrote on 1/28/2017, 4:31 AM

I agree with all. But before i start adding more features i love about Acid, i need to ask the thread starter VMP , do we get to make suggestions for new features here or is this just a thread for the features we already like ?

VMP wrote on 1/28/2017, 5:00 AM

That's a good one Babis. How about both? Make a list with heading: 'features we already like (and want to keep)' and 'suggestions'. My primary need is 64 bit, if other addons would slow down the release then all I need.is the 64 bit change.

VMP

Babis wrote on 1/28/2017, 5:34 AM

Thanks for the quick response man. i need to put my thoughts on text first. Back with you shortly

mjn wrote on 2/3/2017, 10:39 AM

I also agree with the list by VPM. My couldn't live without features are - the ability to export each track as a wave file, highlighting a clip and using the + and - keys to change pitch, sections, quick fade edges, "S" for split, tuning loops, adjusting the beat count and altering stretch points of loops among others. Pretty basic tools. I don't use the chopper, prefer to do it manually. I haven't had much success with the groove tool; prefer to quantize in Sonar. A feature to add is snap to zero crossing, unless it's there somewhere and I've never seen it.

Two bugs to fix - I have a bug where using CTRL Z to undo a recording will often crash ACID. I have to highlight the clip and press delete instead. ACID also got "crashy" on me when I enabled an external control surface to use MIDI to stop, start, record and etc. It went away when I disabled it.

VMP wrote on 2/3/2017, 1:25 PM

Good one mjn, yes indeed:

- Plus and minus key after selecting a clip to change its pitch!! That one is important too, Vegas has that function too.

- S keyboard button (or other programmable keyboard shortcut) to split.

At this moment I am using Sonar X10 as temporary solution too becasue it is 64 bit, but I really hope I can switch back soon to the new Acid Pro when it is released ported to 64 bit.

VMP

VMP wrote on 2/23/2017, 10:39 AM

Today I dreamed that they launched Acid Pro 8, and it was 64 bit! Hope my dream comes true soon!

VMP

Shobu wrote on 2/15/2018, 8:49 AM

Hi,

in spring 2018 a new ACID Pro version will be released. There are already the first announcement on the Magix homepage:

"ACID Pro revolutionized music making – and we assure you, it's still going to be a world leader in loop-based music production come Spring 2018. Sneak Peak of ACID Pro 8

new modernized and completly refreshed Interface

powerful 64-bit Version

VST3 support for your creative flow

New virtual Instruments

Tons of new ACIDized Loops

and much more"

Djronrella wrote on 2/18/2018, 4:25 AM

I did survey and asked for Master VU METERS to be enhanced and changed to a much larger and wider view as in SOUNDFORGE Master Vu Meters....The Current Acid Pro 7 Master vu meters are extremely narrow and hard to see even when you enlarge meters!!

Hoping Magix changes that!

VMP wrote on 2/22/2018, 10:39 AM

Hi,

in spring 2018 a new ACID Pro version will be released. There are already the first announcement on the Magix homepage:

Thanks Shobu! I have again bought Acid Pro 7 for the combination deal so that I will get version 8 without extra cost when it is released.

Jordo-Ironside93 wrote on 2/25/2018, 12:04 AM

Love AP7. Only thing its missing is an audio quantise/transient detection function...similar to that of ProTools 'Elastic Audio' or Studio One's 'Audio Bend'. Pleeeeease make this a new feature of AP8.