New Acid Pro

DJ_ak wrote on 3/6/2017, 7:58 PM

Just checking if anyone or MAGIX has any info on the new Acid Pro? Ever since if saw the discussion about it and talks about it on the Facebook page, I've been impatiently waiting. I've been using Acid for over 10 years for everything from producing beats, remixes, DJ mixes, recording songs, creating club commercials and radio imaging/production and use it daily. I've tried just about every other daw out there and the layout and ease of use is just not there as compared to Acid (although yes, it is outdated, very buggy, crashes, missing a ton of features that other daws have). But layout-wise and ease of use, it's super fast even tho I have to use other softwares along with Acid Pro to process and edit and then dump audio back into it. Anyway, fingers are crossed that something new is out soon!

Comments

DANADAX wrote on 3/9/2017, 4:33 PM

They could not confirm a release date. They could only confirm that the next version of Acid Pro is being developed. They probably have a lot to work on. I imagine it's going to be quite an overhaul, getting a late 00's DAW updated to more modern features. Like you, I am excited. We will know in time when they are about to release the new version. I have tons of Acid project files from a decade ago that I want to work on with my 64-bit plugins.

VMP wrote on 3/9/2017, 7:01 PM

I am hoping it will be released soon, same here many Acid projects and 64 bit plugins I am waiting to try out on the new 64 bit Acid Pro 8!

JungleMan wrote on 3/13/2017, 11:11 AM

Same here, I can't wait for 64bit Acid Pro!

andrew-baird wrote on 3/19/2017, 2:14 PM

Same here... I love working with Acid. I can focus on the creative music process and don't get distracted by computer crappola. That's why I love Acid. Especially since they started allowing me to save my projects with all the sounds and settings. It's the best. Let's go Acid 8 64bit!!!

bfresh wrote on 3/30/2017, 8:52 PM

This is good news! I've been using Acid since 1.0 in 1998. I remember with 1.0, you could pitch clips up or down 24 semitones! It was more of an instrument than a DAW back then. I still use it today as my main program, albeit with tons of plugins. I've found workarounds for sidechaining and even sending midi info to plugins! Looking forward to the resurrection!

DJ_ak wrote on 3/30/2017, 9:05 PM

This is good news! I've been using Acid since 1.0 in 1998. I remember with 1.0, you could pitch clips up or down 24 semitones! It was more of an instrument than a DAW back then. I still use it today as my main program, albeit with tons of plugins. I've found workarounds for sidechaining and even sending midi info to plugins! Looking forward to the resurrection!

Yup, you can still pitch + and- semitones with the keyboard shortcuts all the way to acid 7. I use it daily with what I do. Some midi applications don't work well with it even tho I found some workarounds such as Waves Tune, Effectrix and so on. Plus I hate that if you have a plugin such as delay and have it synced to bpm but have tempo markers throughout the session, when you render, the delay only stays synced to whatever the 1st bpm of the session is. It doesn't change where the tempo markers are. A workaround for it is to do realtime render which isn't ideal sometimes when I have long sessions and have more work to do after i finish but have to wait to realtime render. I've been checking for info on an acid update daily but see nothing. It looks like Magix is just working on Vegas and not the audio apps from Sony.

DANADAX wrote on 3/30/2017, 10:11 PM

They never guaranteed that the new version would be out soon. They only guaranteed us that a new version is being worked on. Most companies will not divulge details about their new products until they are ready to sell the new version. Patience is key.

Former user wrote on 9/19/2017, 3:52 PM

I always used Acid Pro and I hope that they only enhance things and not take them away, such as Paint tool, easy browser on the bottom where double clicking a sound just adds it into the arrangement window and you can start painting it no matter where you are in the arrangement. I have most every popular DAW on both PC and Mac and I keep going back to Acid as that is where my workflow "flows. My music ABSOLUTELY sucks so I stopped for a while but I enjoyed making music on Acid.

Regardless I make music or not, if they release a new version, I am willing to pay for an upgrade just out of loyalty to this great DAW and their hardwork as I have done so since version 1 back in 1998. Still got the original disk.

jubilee-nunn wrote on 9/24/2017, 6:05 PM

ACID Pro 7 was literally the first DAW I ever purchased. I absolutely LOVE the inline midi editing. I've been keeping it updated on Wikipedia in hopes for a release date soon.

CapiceInKY wrote on 9/28/2017, 8:12 AM

AP7e and many previous iterations became indispensable to my creation process. i regularly commented on the sonycreativesoftware forum and, as others, i pined for its improvements. a few years ago i acquired a ur22 and used it with AP7e successfully. events later required a new windows 10 system and my previous configuration with Acid worked but 64 bit plugins were obviously unavailable. after utilizing the power of 64 bit processing i realized i couldnt continue to progress using a 32 bit app. then something serendipitous happened. as i desperately searched for a 64 bit daw i discovered that Cubase was available to me since i got the ur22. i installed it, there was the imminent learning curve, but once i understood it i never looked back to Acid again. using Cubase 9 Elements is fantastic and the upgrade route was very reasonably priced. but i will say that if magix dramatically improves Acid and offers an attractive upgrade price i could see integrating it into my workflow again. but it would only ever be secondary to Cubase.

frank18 wrote on 10/12/2017, 7:06 AM

Good news: New Acid Version will definitely released in the first half of 2018 :-)

Link:

https://www.facebook.com/MAGIX/posts/10154636258447579?comment_id=10155770128847579&reply_comment_id=10155770195062579

Rasmir_Mantree wrote on 12/18/2017, 4:00 PM

Well I Hope Ur Right About It Coming The 1st 1/2 half of 2018.

frank18 wrote on 12/18/2017, 10:48 PM

That´s what they said...

Djronrella wrote on 1/4/2018, 3:11 PM

Just checking if anyone or MAGIX has any info on the new Acid Pro? Ever since if saw the discussion about it and talks about it on the Facebook page, I've been impatiently waiting. I've been using Acid for over 10 years for everything from producing beats, remixes, DJ mixes, recording songs, creating club commercials and radio imaging/production and use it daily. I've tried just about every other daw out there and the layout and ease of use is just not there as compared to Acid (although yes, it is outdated, very buggy, crashes, missing a ton of features that other daws have). But layout-wise and ease of use, it's super fast even tho I have to use other softwares along with Acid Pro to process and edit and then dump audio back into it. Anyway, fingers are crossed that something new is out soon!

That´s what they said...

Magix New owners of Acid Pro just sent me a email explaining New  Acid Pro8 coming and had me fill out a survey on wants of new Acid Pro 8 soon and will be 64bit

https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/subscribe-to-newsletter/

frank18 wrote on 1/4/2018, 3:39 PM

Can you post the original text?

Djronrella wrote on 1/7/2018, 2:45 AM

Magix New owners of Acid Pro just sent me a email explaining New  Acid Pro8 coming and had me fill out a survey on wants of new Acid Pro 8 soon and will be 64bit

Did survey last week!

jim-martin wrote on 1/8/2018, 8:32 AM

They are already advertiving but Acid 7 and Get 8 for Free.

Djronrella wrote on 1/8/2018, 8:48 AM

Yes but they also usually offer upgrade pricing from your eexisting acid pro you own!

johne69 wrote on 1/8/2018, 11:43 AM

Trying to Upgrade (sony purchased) Acid 7 should i just pay the $149 and start again

Djronrella wrote on 1/8/2018, 12:38 PM

If you and already purchased the Sony Acid Pro7 ? The upgrade 8 is not released yet!

I'm hoping everyone that owns acid7 already will get a discounted price to pro8

jim-martin wrote on 1/8/2018, 12:46 PM

Should be Free Since The Serial Numbers Aria Show up as Invalid with the Installer. And Player is not Loading the Instruments.

Djronrella wrote on 1/8/2018, 1:18 PM

The Acid Pro8 is not available yet!! Its still being worked on!!

It's to be released in few month!!

frank18 wrote on 1/8/2018, 1:48 PM

Trying to Upgrade (sony purchased) Acid 7 should i just pay the $149 and start again

Register the sony serial in your magix accout. Then you can purchase an upgrade later on.

Djronrella wrote on 1/8/2018, 2:07 PM

Yes if you buy acid pro 7 now they will give a upgrade for free to Acid Pro8.

Do you already own Acid Pro7 now? Are you looking to buy it now?.. If you already own it just wait for them to offer the free upgrade