Negative Track Delay

Pharaoh-Skylar wrote on 6/5/2022, 3:53 AM

Hello. I was hoping someone could help me. I tried using YouTube etc, but to no avail.

Does anyone know where I can access the Negative Track Delay on Music Studio? I just bought Metropolis Ark 1 and unfortunately there's a delay (I didn't know this was a common issue with the VST.) I was told to check my DAW's Negative Track Delay, but I'm unable to find that... or maybe Magix has it named differently? Any help would be appreciated. I know that I would need to set the track to -50ms.

(I have Magix Samplitude Music Studio 2022)

It's not at the cause of my computer.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/5/2022, 4:58 AM

@Pharaoh-Skylar You can move the position properties of the MIDI object via the object editor.

Pharaoh-Skylar wrote on 6/24/2022, 4:44 PM

I'm not sure that that's correct? Can you tell me specifically what you're doing in there, please? Is there a way to fix the delay beforehand? I play the piano (physically, not a keyboard midi on the DAW) so timing is important. I'm not uploading an audio file. When looking at the Object Editor's Position Properties, it's only showing Audio File upload, Wave Position/Object Start, Length, End, and Step Size; but none of that can be switch to -50ms. The numbers only go up in this sequence: 000:00:000

SP. wrote on 6/24/2022, 4:49 PM

@Pharaoh-Skylar You need to place everything except the piano 50 ms further. That is the same as -50 ms for the piano. It would be easier if you didn't start your song at position 0 but at the beginning of the second bar.

Pharaoh-Skylar wrote on 6/24/2022, 5:51 PM

Can you advise on which time bracket I would be placing the 50ms? i.e.: Wave Position, Object Start, Object Length, Object End, Step Size? and would it be 000:50:000, 000:00:500, or 000:00:050? Sorry for all the follow ups. Just rather ask flat out than to sit here for hours trying to test it.