Need help adding a place to drag a picture to go with a song.

johnnles wrote on 12/1/2008, 9:24 PM
I'm a first time user of 14, it has taken me 3 wks to figure out how to get a movie off my mini dv to this program.  Now that I have done that, I placed a song to start off the film, which is my mothers funeral service but when that song plays there is only a black screen.  I can't have it overlap into the movie as it's a music video of her life.  Is there a way to drop in a place to put a picture of her on top of the added song at the beginning.  I am not tech savvy and cannot figure this out.  I also added a "credit" but it doesn't show at the end only a blank white box.  I'd like to know how to get the credit to show or to get rid of that white box.  I am desparate as these are part of DVD's for family christmas gifts.  Leslie

Comments

Lazerboy wrote on 12/2/2008, 8:18 AM
Do not be desperate.

1. Take look at the tutorials that are included on the DVD
2. You can search for more tutorials on Youtube

3. Everything you mention is possible. It is tough for me to find out what you do wrong, but all is explained in the tutorials.

- to seperate sound/video: Menu, "ungroup". Bute better leave it grouped and just pull down the sound (klick on the file, and pull down the white line in the file)
- to add music, just put the music on another track. It will play along with the movie
- to add text just klick on the T in the "Storyboard" Mode. You can write you text and change the position and length of the textfile in the Timeline Mode....