Comments

MarcoStorm wrote on 2/3/2020, 2:23 AM

Dear @Todd-Gallagher,

you have to add the path to the Native Instruments VSTs to the VST configuration of ACID. You'll find that option in the toolbar of the plugin manager. There you can add a new scan path. For Native Instruments it should be C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit (or 32 bit). Then you have to click the scan button and your Plugins should pop up in the plugin manager.

Best regards,

Marco

Todd-Gallagher wrote on 2/3/2020, 9:44 AM

Thanks so much for quick and accurate info

Former user wrote on 2/6/2020, 9:18 PM

A trick I use is to create a junction in the VstPlugins directory to the Native Instruments VST directory:

1. Open Command Prompt (Admin)
  2. CD \Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins
  3. MKLINK /J "Native Instruments" "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit"
    1. Quotes Required for Names/Paths containing spaces!
    2. /J switch is necessary, otherwise it will only create a "Link," which often will not work (I have not tested this in ACID Pro).

That will create a directory Junction named "Native Instruments" in your 64-Bit VST Plugin directory, which points to the 64-Bit Native Instruments Plugin Directory. To applications, it looks like any normal folder there, so all of the VSTs will load automatically by the scanner, and you will avoid having to add this directory to every other audio application on your PC (ACID, Sound Forge, Samplitude, Resolve, etc. etc. etc.).

When you have multiple Audio/Video apps that you use these plugins in, this can make things a bit more seamless.

You can also set Native Access to install VSTs into a Subdirectory of the system VstPlugins folders, e.g.:

32-Bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Native Instruments

64-Bit: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Native Instruments

However, I tend to prefer the Junction, since I don't want applications that support 64-Bit VST Plugins to also load the 32-Bit, and then force me to go to settings and disable them. I just delete the 32-Bit plugins from the Native Instruments install directory (as I do the AAX plugins, since I don't use Pro Tools or Media Composer).

Illustration:

Note: You can delete a Directory Junction, and the files will remain in their original locations. If you move the junction (i.e. from VstPlugins to Documents), it will pull the files with it, as the Junction is treated like any other Directory in File Explorer.