My new laptop has no optical drive

B-V-Boy wrote on 1/29/2020, 1:13 PM

The following question is in reference to [Ticket************] I have Potostory 2015. I bought a new dell laptop that does not have a DVD option. It has Windows 10. I always burned my Photostory slide shows to a DVD. If I buy the latest version of Photostory, please tell me what I will need to do that is akin to burning my slideshows onto a DVD. Thanks

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/29/2020, 1:36 PM

@B-V-Boy

Since this is a user to user forum and not a contact for Magix Support I have removed your support ticket number since it is, essentially, personal to you and so should not be posted to a public forum.

please tell me what I will need to do that is akin to burning my slideshows onto a DVD

You can output to a file format, like mp4, that will be playable on most, if not all, computers and many televisions.

However, why not consider purchasing an external USB DVD-Rewriter, connect it to your new computer (Photo Story should see it as a disc writer) and continue to burn DVDs as before? Such writers are now remarkably cheap.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

B-V-Boy wrote on 2/1/2020, 9:31 AM

I appreciate your response. Thanks

SullyPanda76us wrote on 2/14/2020, 10:06 PM

I appreciate your response. Thanks

@B-V-Boy ... then please mark emmrecs answer as accepted solution