MXDP 18 content and Pan Studio install - "must first install..." error

jonstrong wrote on 6/17/2021, 10:10 AM

I just upgraded to Designer Pro X 18 from 17, and once I activated 18, I uninstalled 17. Version 18 loads just fine, but when I try to install the content installer and Pan Studio, the installer complains that I "must first install Xara Designer Pro X". I've shut down and restarted DPX, checked "about", checked my list of registered products on the Magix site. My confirmation email shows my serial number and confirms that the Update Service for this has been extended to 6/17/2022. The product loads and is activated. It's just that the installer programs for the Content and Pan Studio don't recognize that DPX 18 is, in fact, installed.

I see that others have raised similar concerns. Please let us know how to get these working!

Comments

Former user wrote on 6/23/2021, 5:45 PM

I had this issue when I first installed Designer Pro X 18 but it resolved itself.

Can it be assumed that you went to the Designer Pro X 18 help menu and clicked “Download Content Installer and Panstudio”

Initially, in my case, I had the issue you are describing because the installer downloaded the incorrect version. I did open a support ticket.

While that ticket was open, the issue resolved itself. Magix must have done something at their end, but after a while, the installer started delivering the correct installers. Yo this day, I am not sure whether it was resolved as a result of my ticket or by natural attrition.

I was able to, after Designer Pro X 17 was removed, install the Content Installer and Panstudio for Designer Pro X 18. It did not complain that Designer Pro X was not installed.

In your case, after the installer has completed the download, have a look for the installer files in the following folder

%USERPROFILE%\documents\MAGIX downloads\Installationsmanager

Here are the exact filenames that are in mine still (the ones that allowed a successful install of Content Installer and Panstudio 18).

Xara_Designer_Pro_X18_DLV_content_en_210305_13-04_18_0_0_0.exe
Xara_Designer_Pro_X18_DLV_PanStudio_en_210305_13-07_3_4_4_293.exe

My version of Designer Pro (Help | About) is Xara Designer Pro X 18.0.0.61642  DL x64 Mar 18 2021

If these files are not there, not the same as yours then you might want to open a ticket with Magix.

https://www.magix.info/us/support/interview/