Music Makers built-in asio no longer appears after a fresh install

Jack-Kerr wrote on 5/21/2023, 8:25 PM

I decided to fresh install Music Maker 2023 recently and when I tried to ensure my Audio interface was a connected The 'Music Maker Asio out' was not an option anymore, though it was pre-selected for the none option. Also, it's pop up asio menu still works but after closing the settings menu and re-opening, the 'Music Maker Asio out' completely disappears and the popup no longer opens. Was wondering if anyone may have an insight on this matter, as I would prefer not to use another asio as the response and latency I felt was absolutely fine on the Music Maker Asio out. Thanks in advance, Jack

Comments

browj2 wrote on 5/21/2023, 8:29 PM

@Jack-Kerr

Hi,

Did you try signing in first?

Why the reinstall?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Jack-Kerr wrote on 5/21/2023, 8:33 PM

@Jack-Kerr

Hi,

Did you try signing in first?

Why the reinstall?

John CB

Yeah tried Signing in to my account, after all my content was re-downloaded the Asio still doesn't re-appear. Also, I reinstalled it as I recently got a new hard-drive.

SP. wrote on 5/22/2023, 2:00 AM

@Jack-Kerr If it doesn't reappear after a fresh restart of your computer (please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option), then I recommend you reinstall Music Maker again.

Jack-Kerr wrote on 5/22/2023, 10:02 AM

@Jack-Kerr If it doesn't reappear after a fresh restart of your computer (please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option), then I recommend you reinstall Music Maker again.

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately that still didn't work.

johnebaker wrote on 5/22/2023, 10:40 AM

@Jack-Kerr

Hi

. . . . to ensure my Audio interface was a connected . . . .

I see from your images that you have Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO installed - is this the 'Audio interface' you are trying to connect to?

If not what is the make/model of the 'Audio interface' you are trying to connect to and are the correct drivers for it installed?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/22/2023, 10:40 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Jack-Kerr wrote on 5/22/2023, 11:01 AM

@Jack-Kerr

Hi

. . . . to ensure my Audio interface was a connected . . . .

I see from your images that you have Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO installed - is this the 'Audio interface' you are trying to connect to?

If not what is the make/model of the 'Audio interface' you are trying to connect to and are the correct drivers for it installed?

John EB
Forum Moderator

The interface I'm using is the Focusrite Scarlet 2i2, the correct drivers are installed and the interface works just fine in other daws like Reaper.

By all means I could actually use just the direct sound option and run it straight through the interface, but using an Asio inside Music Maker was highly recommended. So my interface does work and operate fine, but Music Makers own built Asio which I ran my interface through no longer appears as an option.

SP. wrote on 5/22/2023, 3:04 PM

@Jack-Kerr With a Focusrite interface you obviously need to select the Focusrite ASIO driver in the program settings of Music Maker and not Music Maker ASIO. This driver should also be listed but it doesn't looks like it's available in your screenshots. There is definitely some bigger problem.

Jack-Kerr wrote on 5/22/2023, 4:37 PM

@Jack-Kerr With a Focusrite interface you obviously need to select the Focusrite ASIO driver in the program settings of Music Maker and not Music Maker ASIO. This driver should also be listed but it doesn't looks like it's available in your screenshots. There is definitely some bigger problem.

Right I see, never even thought of that. I'll have look into that then. Thank you for the suggestion, this would've went totally un-checked otherwise.