Music Maker won't work

Joey-C wrote on 4/26/2024, 7:09 PM

I have Music Maker 2023 Premium. In any project, when I use the in-app piano roll, with no external midi objects or anything, it will not make a sound when I press the key. The record button works with the piano roll, it just dosen't make any sounds untill I press the playback button. I updated the app with the new patch, fixed a few of my bugs I planned to report here, but not the piano roll one.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/26/2024, 8:31 PM

@Joey-C Navigate to File > Settings > Program Settings > Audio/MIDI. Here you must select an ASIO driver, for example the Music Maker ASIO driver, otherwise you'll not get any real-time sound.

Joey-C wrote on 4/26/2024, 9:45 PM

@SP.
Ok, I did that, but i was not able to do the "Music Maker ASIO driver". It just keeps going back to "none". I am able to enable the "2016 low latency" and the "ASIO4ALL V2", but not the "Music Maker ASIO driver". It will still not play sound.

emmrecs wrote on 4/27/2024, 3:32 AM

@Joey-C

Do neither the "2016 Low Latency" nor "ASIO4All" allow you to hear the sound?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Joey-C wrote on 4/27/2024, 8:13 AM

@emmrecs
yes, neither of them work. I was just able to enable "Music Maker ASIO driver" but I still can't hear the piano roll in real-time, and when I press play, It's just static.

Joey-C wrote on 4/27/2024, 8:17 AM

okay, I reset project settings and stuff, didn't work. Set the ASIO drivers, now there is static on my laptop when I play audio even when Music Maker is closed, lol. I'm gonna reboot my computer and hope that fixes it.

UPDATE: Reboot fixed this issue

SP. wrote on 4/27/2024, 8:26 AM

@Joey-C Static problems can be caused by incompatibility of the Magix Low Latency driver and your hardware. Since Magix Low Latency is based on ASIO4ALL, it's possible that ASIO4ALL will also cause these problems. Then uninstalling Magix Low Latency will help.

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/audio-issue--1290482/#ca1738999

What is your computer hardware?

Alternatively you can try to install the free demo version of FL Studio which will also install the FL Studio ASIO driver. This driver might have better compatibility with your hardware.

Joey-C wrote on 4/27/2024, 8:53 AM

@SP.
Hmmm, the thing is, I've been using Magix Music Maker for at least a year now and have never had these problems. It just happened one day maybe a week ago. I actually already have FL Studio installed, and I'm not a big fan. I like Magix alot better. I will check out the link you sent.

Joey-C wrote on 4/27/2024, 9:04 AM

@SP.
Okay, uninstalled the low latency. No more static happening 👍. But, still won't play music on the piano-roll. Is there a chance that I may have muted the piano roll or something? Is that even possible? Another point of intrest, I can't click the keys on the synthizers themselves. My PC hardware is as follows:
Processor    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz   3.00 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.6 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition    Windows 11 Home
Version    23H2
Installed on    ‎1/‎7/‎2024
OS build    22631.3447
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0

Manufacturer    HP