Music Maker Producers Edition?

chain wrote on 1/24/2009, 3:52 PM
Hey! I,m with Edi-

I Orderd this product on 9/20/08 and I have not seen hide nor hair of it.

When I ordered the upgrade it was supposed to come as a CD. The fact that
The MP3 upgrade is the only thing showing up,and the ser.# does not work is more than likely because a disk is supposed to be involved.

If I could get a live person the phone or an E-response other than "we got got your question" I'd probably have this solved in a heartbeat. But 4 1/2 Months later..........Nothing.

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 1/24/2009, 9:25 PM
Hang in there buddy - they are really dropping the ball over at Magix. This has been getting worse. I would send a message to every contact link on their site - you'll eventually get someone.

This is a group of users so we can't help you much - but we can sure empathise with you.
Justin
tomsheacs wrote on 3/15/2009, 2:53 PM
I'm having the same issue.  I ordered the upgrade and got the e-mail with the serial number, but after the initial download link to get the upgrade package I have no way of getting back to it.  Now that I have to re-install my computer I'm kind of up the creek because the e-mail for the upgrade didn't include the file link.  One thing I noticed... Magix is a small company... they don't always get back to you because they have all of three guys answering support questions.  For what I pay for the software... or rather... what I DON'T pay compared to other programs like FL and Acid... I'm happy to wait... as annoying as it can be sometimes.  If you don;t mind paying hundreds of dollars for soundpools and thousands for programs then you can have 24/7 instant support... we pay a few hundred for EVERYTHING they have.  I'm ok with it.
ralftaro wrote on 3/16/2009, 4:23 AM
Hi there,

CD not being delivered? Sounds like a pure sales issue. You can probably sort this out quickly if you shoot Magix an e-mail via the contact form on the support website:

http://support.magix.net

Just pick "MAGIX sales department" in the first step and your mail should go through to the correct department right away.

Might be some misunderstanding, though. From what I understand you either purchased the online upgrade of the Music Maker 14 (boxed) to the producer edition or a Music Maker 14 producer edition download version, including back-up disc. The back-up disc wouldn't really be necessary to run the program. All relevant information is already included in the download version e-mail you get in the first place, right after ordering and paying for your program. So, in this case, it might be important to understand what you mean when you say that your serial number doesn't work. Have you already successfully activated the program before? Can you use it without any time limitation? Where are you trying to use the serial number? Is it explicitly rejected as invalid or is there any other error message?

tomsheacs wrote on 3/16/2009, 8:10 PM
I figured out something for those that have the upgrade key with no download link.  If you have Music Maker 14 on it's first install the option to upgrade... and hence add the key for the upgrade if you already have it will be in with the other help options.  However... if after upgrading you uninstall and re-install from the CD the option may not be there to upgrade.  Apparently something is left behind that tells it it's already done that and cannot do it again.  IT will not upgrade itself when you update either.  The way I fixed it was to do a complete re-install on my PC so the install of Music Maker could be "fresh".  The option re-appeared and worked like a charm.  I'm back in business.