Music Maker 23 update 31.0.4.50

JOHN-IVE wrote on 4/22/2023, 4:44 PM

Have installed MusicMaker 23 fresh having paid upgrade (Uninstalled previous version as it seemed to prevent installing new) and once installed I get the message new update available but a holding screen with three animated diagonal lines (logo) then comes up and does not go away and prevents any further actions. Also same situation with Onboarding. I am logged in. Same is true if I go to my profile when logged in, it comes to the same screen which offers updates and activation but it will not allow me access them! Any thoughts as to how I might get something to constructive to happen to get updated and onboarded?
One twist that I've noticed it looks like I'm registered for the 2021 edition (even though I purchased the 2022 edition). Could it be that the fact I might never registered for 2022 be prohibiting me progressing with the 23 version? "About" says I have Version 31.0.3.26 installed after installing MusicMaker 23.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/22/2023, 5:08 PM

@JOHN-IVE I think you can close the infinite loading screen with ALT + F4. Then go to File > Settings > Program Settings and click on the button to clean up the store. If this doesn't help reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu.

JOHN-IVE wrote on 4/24/2023, 4:45 PM

Have tried downloaded and installed several versions of MusicMaker and they all hang on the Welcome/Profile page! This is weird! One additional piece of information which may or may not be relevant: I have installed them on the D:drive not the C: drive where the Windows operation system is. This doesn't cause problems for any other software and as we are given a choice of location to install, can't imagine this is the issue, but who knows?

SP. wrote on 4/24/2023, 4:56 PM

@JOHN-IVE Does this also happen if you run Music Maker with administrator privileges?

JOHN-IVE wrote on 4/25/2023, 4:04 AM

Thanks will check if Administrator privileges are applied.

emmrecs wrote on 4/25/2023, 4:06 AM

@JOHN-IVE

I have installed them on the D:drive not the C: drive where the Windows operation system is. This doesn't cause problems for any other software and as we are given a choice of location to install, can't imagine this is the issue, but who knows?

I also have the majority of my programs, including MM 2023, installed on D:\, without problem! So yes, I also can't imagine this is the issue.

Can you tell us rather more about your computer, hardware and software please? It would seem there is something blocking the installation of the app for you. This post will show you the level of detail which might well help us to help you!

Have you checked that your Antivirus/Firewall is allowing MM to contact the Magix servers? This is required because the validity of your licence has to be checked, at least periodically.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

JOHN-IVE wrote on 4/25/2023, 9:48 AM

i9 Windows 10 PC with 2TB SSD, 64GB RAM, NVidia GTX-1650 All drivers and software updated. Lots of other media software working fine including Magix Vegas.

All versions of MusicMaker facing same problem from M21/22/23/Free

Installing MM23 as an upgrade and this problem occurred. The opening welcome screen comes up with the three stripe animated logo but doesn't stop and impossible to enter anything to progress further. Cannot look at my account details. Screenshot added. Tried older versions and free version all with the sames result.

No media information to supply because I don't get started via the welcome screen. It is possible to cancel the welcome screen and the software appears to open. However pointless if I can't access the basic Onboard and Account features.

Thanks

SP. wrote on 4/25/2023, 9:57 AM

@JOHN-IVE Maybe it helps if you completely uninstall Music Maker and the remaining files and registry entries with a free tool like Revo Uninstaller. Then restart your computer and reinstall it.

JOHN-IVE wrote on 4/26/2023, 3:54 AM

I have uninstalled before installing but not completely in the way you mention. Worried I may lose some addins and the upgrade eligibility. Are they restored by logging in to my account if deleted on the computer? Thanks

emmrecs wrote on 4/26/2023, 5:08 AM

@JOHN-IVE

Any and every item listed in your Magix account, or any add-on that you have purchased previously (e.g., instruments or soundpools), will be available to download from within MM once it is reinstalled and registered.

One caveat: if there is anything that was previously available to you in one of the earlier versions but which is not compatible with MM 2023 it is unlikely to be shown as downloadable to the new install.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 4/26/2023, 9:01 AM

@JOHN-IVE

Hi

. . . . MusicMaker 23 . . . . it looks like I'm registered for the 2021 edition . . . . I purchased the 2022 edition. . . .

Did you previously have MMM 2021 installed and registered?

If so then it sounds like when you installed MMM 2022 and MMM 2023 they have picked up the MMM 2021 serial number/activation.

If this is so then the right side of the start up screen should look something like this:

Entering the MMM 2023 serial number will upgrade and any necessary components/features should appear in the Downloads tab.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/26/2023, 9:01 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

JOHN-IVE wrote on 4/26/2023, 5:07 PM

Thanks for that comment. The issue is when that screen comes up the logo in the centre animates and never stops so I can't enter anything the entire screen is disabled because it never finishes loading. Same on all versions of MM. When I have time I will try to uninstall and strip out everything MM related and hopefully start again completely fresh. Will update the outcome when that's been tried. This is real pain having spent days fiddling with it without any result. Thanks for the help so far. I was hoping someone else would have experienced this and found the solution, apparently not.

johnebaker wrote on 4/27/2023, 6:04 AM

@JOHN-IVE

Hi

This sounds like the VST scan has found an error - I have had this occur several times, the problem is you cannot see all the error message pane because it is hidden by the splash screen - you should be able to see the left/right edges of it Magix have been informed of this issue..

When it does this press the Esc key - you may have to do this several times.

If the program loads then go into the Program settings, Folders Tab, select Add VST plug-in path and then Scan now.

This should fix the VST scan issue on next start.

If you still have the issue and decide to re-install, I would suggest you use Revo free uninstaller to start the uninstall, when complete Revo will scan for leftover files, folders and the registry entries and allow you to delete them - do check the items it finds are all related to Music Maker before confirming delete.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

JOHN-IVE wrote on 4/29/2023, 5:26 AM

Thanks, something else to try. Will do. Have noticed that several users have a problem with Beatbox 2. I also get an error message saying it can't be loaded, so that may be relevant. Also I'm installing over an older version on the D drive so it may be that some legacy file(s) are causing a problem. Either way this seems to be pretty poor software design that does not take care of such issues when upgrading. I can see users like me are spending many wasted hours trying to sort upgrade issues.

JOHN-IVE wrote on 4/29/2023, 8:10 AM

New information. I get "The following VST plug-in cannot be loaded! Beatbox.vst3 at start up. And sometimes Beatbox.vst3 can't be loaded on an empty track. The Welcome scene gets locked in a never ending cycle so I can't enter the activation code or set anything up. Tried above idea of Scanning for VST but it didn't change anything. Further thoughts before I loose patience with this software after several days of no result. Thanks for the help so far. Oh and I did use Revo uninstaller (paid version) to remove all previous traces before the latest install.

JOHN-IVE wrote on 4/29/2023, 8:48 AM

OK, think I've fixed it! This seems to be a bug in the software. I chose to install everything on my D: drive because I limit the C: drive to the operating system. All other software works fine this way. So everything gets installed on the D: drive but the VST paths are preset to C: and don't following the installation paths to D:. Failing to load one or more locked up the system, possibly Beatbox. Manually changed them and I have now got past the activation stage Hooray!! On loading it says the basic effects haven't loaded, probably need to create new path for them as well.

SP. wrote on 4/29/2023, 9:31 AM

@JOHN-IVE Installing software on another hard drive its usually not recommended. Current SSDs are not that small any longer that you could run into storage problems on drive C.

Microsoft requires that software gets distributed to different places for security reasons.

For examples programs go usually into the Program Files directory. This directory needs special security privileges.

Program settings usually go into the ProgramData directory which can be written to and read from by all users without having admin privileges.

User dependent settings go into the users AppData directory. These settings cannot be accessed by other users.

And files and documents you work with are stored under the users Documents folder. These documents cannot be accessed by other users.

External drives are recommended to only store data, so you access them from different computers. Your programs on D wouldn't run without the missing files and registry entries on drive C, except they offer a portable installation.

JOHN-IVE wrote on 4/29/2023, 7:58 PM

Understand your valid comments. Until now I've not had issues with any other software which offers installation on alternative drives. Would be too cumbersome to change the long list of installed software from D: to C: now. Security may be an issue but so far after many years no problems. Security critical stuff is mostly on the C: drive and I'm the only user. Thanks for the comment though, I may revise my approach with the next computer.