mp3 gets transposed / pitched down

sticmatic wrote on 7/14/2018, 11:52 AM

Hello, this is a bugreport / Issue / cry for help / troubleshooting...

whenever I load an mp3 into Acid 8.0.5 (recent Build), it get's pitched (slowed) down, even when the media is in one-shot mode.

Why? And how to avoid?

Now, don't tell me to check the pitch settings. This happened from the stock settings on, and it's not a samplerate problem, either, everything is 44.1 ... I do know almost every button of Acid since it was SonicFoundry and earlier by heart, so I'm pretty keen to know what the heck is going on here?

Comments

nonspin wrote on 7/21/2018, 12:52 AM

Two features mess with the Root-Keynote:
1. As a rule, 10bpm equal one octave. Therefore Beatmapping
a track plus syncing it to the Project-BPM can have a significant impact .. if "Preserve Pitch is unchecked".

2. .. and this is the one causing it on your end i guess:
"Ignore root note changes" in ClipView. If it's unchecked, chances are the Pitch of that track gets messed with...

If it's neither, how big is the difference? If it's 4-5 octaves, try re-encoding the audio-file first. I've had a similar problem, when someone used a weird setting encoding it.

sheppo wrote on 7/26/2018, 3:09 AM

Seconding that final option of dumping the MP3 to a WAV in an external program that you know it plays okay in. I've also seen odd things with poorly (non-standard) encoded MP3s have played back oddly in Acid. Although for me it has usually been a wandering BPM related, not pitch.