Movie Studio 2024 Platinum Red Line and Audio Shadowing

RichardDP wrote on 2/25/2024, 12:28 PM

Hi, I wonder if anyone has experienced this. I have been editing down some old videos, and all was going fine until suddenly I notice that the audio on a section of my editing seems to be playing both the correct audio and the audio from another section over the top. There is also a red line across the timeline at the top covering this section. I have tried removing the other section but the audio remains. I have also tried dragging the edit into other tracks and past the red line but to no avail. I am at a loss as to how this issue has arisen or what to do about it. Can anyone help?

(Movie Editor 2024 Platinum)

Comments

CubeAce wrote on 2/25/2024, 12:38 PM

@RichardDP

Hi Richard.

A red line across the top of the timeline normally indicates a pre-render. Try placing your [ and ] markers at the beginning and end of that section and then pressing the small downward triangle next to the lightning symbol and selecting to remove it.

Ray.

Windows 10 Enterprise. Version 22H2 OS build 19045.5011

Direct X 12.1 latest hardware updates for Western Digital hard drives.

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard Rev 1.xx with Supreme FX inboard audio using the S1220A code. Driver No 6.0.8960.1 Bios version 1401

Intel i9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 to 5.1GHz CPU with Intel UHD 630 Graphics .Driver version Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2130 for 7th-10th Gen Intel® with 64GB of 3200MHz Corsair DDR4 ram.

1000 watt EVGA modular power supply.

1 x 250GB Evo 970 NVMe: drive for C: drive backup 1 x 1TB Sabrent NVMe drive for Operating System / Programs only. 1X WD BLACK 1TB internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives.1 for internal projects, 1 for Library clips/sounds/music/stills./backup of working projects. 1x500GB SSD current project only drive, 2x WD RED 2TB drives for latest footage storage. Total 21TB of 8 external WD drives for backup.

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB. nVidia Studio driver version 560.81 - 3584xCUDA cores Direct X 12.1. Memory interface 192bit Memory bandwidth 360.05GB/s 12GB of dedicated GDDR6 video memory, shared system memory 16307MB PCi Express x8 Gen3. Two Samsung 27" LED SA350 monitors with 5000000:1 contrast ratios at 60Hz.

Running MMS 2024 Suite v 23.0.1.182 (UDP3) and VPX 14 - v20.0.3.180 (UDP3)

M Audio Axiom AIR Mini MIDI keyboard Ver 5.10.0.3507

VXP 14, MMS 2024 Suite, Vegas Studio 16, Vegas Pro 18, Cubase 4. CS6, NX Studio, Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio. Mixcraft Pro 10 Studio.

Audio System 5 x matched bi-wired 150 watt Tannoy Reveal speakers plus one Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub with 5.1 class A amplifier. Tuned to room with Tannoy audio application.

Ram Acoustic Studio speakers amplified by NAD amplifier.

Rogers LS7 speakers run from Cambridge Audio P50 amplifier

Schrodinger's Backup. "The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is attempted."

RichardDP wrote on 2/25/2024, 2:02 PM

Thanks Ray, I have managed to resolve the red line but the audio issues persist. It behaves as though the audio from two separate pieces of video are playing in the same clip. It only affects certain clips, and the audio was correct when i created them and through multiple edits but then the issue suddenly appeared. I am finding this software has a number of bugs, another common one is when the the software won't let me place a clip in an edit saying that an object is already there, when it isn't. It crashes a lot too, perhaps its user error, I don't know, but I am not trying to do anything complicated.

Just to add, the audio seems to play when the track is empty, its as though there is an invisible audio element across a section of the track.

CubeAce wrote on 2/25/2024, 2:36 PM

@RichardDP

Hi Richard.

If you are using the pre-render function you must clear that first before deleting any files on the timeline as the Pre-render produces a file like a proxy file that will not get deleted. Try going to the project folder and deleting any files created by the program except the MVP file and any of your original file copies should you have copied them into the project file. I don't personally have that many crashes. Once in a blue moon to be fare and then normally caused by me doing something like scrolling faster than my CPU can keep up with.

Nor do I get the problem of placing a clip onto the timeline with that error.

One way around that is to make an additional track (or two) above or below the problem track and place all the files from the problem track onto the new track/s one at a time and then delete the old track/s. To keep the objects from moving along the timeline hold down a shift key first then grab an object/s before moving it/them. Only use the single mouse mode and dmove the objects one at a time or you will move the offending object/s along with the other objects.

Then try to delete the old track and if you get the warning that there is something on that track, I would suggest expanding the timeline until you find it. It could be an object not deleted, maybe form trimming, which is as small as one frame and not easily picked up on a long timeline. If you have video and audio on separate track you will need to make two adjoining tracks to move the objects to.

To be a bug in the strict sense, others have to be able to replicate the problem which would mean having a replicable work flow documented or project that could be shared for others to test and confirm. There is no doubt there are some bugs in the software but so far that has not been a replicable one.

Ray.

Last changed by CubeAce on 2/25/2024, 2:38 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Windows 10 Enterprise. Version 22H2 OS build 19045.5011

Direct X 12.1 latest hardware updates for Western Digital hard drives.

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard Rev 1.xx with Supreme FX inboard audio using the S1220A code. Driver No 6.0.8960.1 Bios version 1401

Intel i9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 to 5.1GHz CPU with Intel UHD 630 Graphics .Driver version Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2130 for 7th-10th Gen Intel® with 64GB of 3200MHz Corsair DDR4 ram.

1000 watt EVGA modular power supply.

1 x 250GB Evo 970 NVMe: drive for C: drive backup 1 x 1TB Sabrent NVMe drive for Operating System / Programs only. 1X WD BLACK 1TB internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives.1 for internal projects, 1 for Library clips/sounds/music/stills./backup of working projects. 1x500GB SSD current project only drive, 2x WD RED 2TB drives for latest footage storage. Total 21TB of 8 external WD drives for backup.

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB. nVidia Studio driver version 560.81 - 3584xCUDA cores Direct X 12.1. Memory interface 192bit Memory bandwidth 360.05GB/s 12GB of dedicated GDDR6 video memory, shared system memory 16307MB PCi Express x8 Gen3. Two Samsung 27" LED SA350 monitors with 5000000:1 contrast ratios at 60Hz.

Running MMS 2024 Suite v 23.0.1.182 (UDP3) and VPX 14 - v20.0.3.180 (UDP3)

M Audio Axiom AIR Mini MIDI keyboard Ver 5.10.0.3507

VXP 14, MMS 2024 Suite, Vegas Studio 16, Vegas Pro 18, Cubase 4. CS6, NX Studio, Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio. Mixcraft Pro 10 Studio.

Audio System 5 x matched bi-wired 150 watt Tannoy Reveal speakers plus one Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub with 5.1 class A amplifier. Tuned to room with Tannoy audio application.

Ram Acoustic Studio speakers amplified by NAD amplifier.

Rogers LS7 speakers run from Cambridge Audio P50 amplifier

Schrodinger's Backup. "The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is attempted."

johnebaker wrote on 2/25/2024, 3:58 PM

@RichardDP

Hi

To expand on Rays comment - A red line across the top of the timeline normally indicates a pre-render that has been modified after an initial render for which the line would be green.

Until you re-render that section the line should go green again or remove the range as Ray has suggested, the previous render file created will not be changed/deleted.

. . . . the audio seems to play when the track is empty . . . .

Did you check lower tracks for the 'ghost audio' object?

With MMS 2024 closed, in the AudioTemp folder, move all the files found to a temporary folder. Start MMS and load the project.

If you get an error message saying the .HDP file cannot be found, click Ignore, then play to see if the 'ghost audio' has gone.

If the 'ghost' still persists:

Select File, Manage project, Export movie file, Magix movie file (*.mvd) and give a meaningful name and save the movie.

Start a new project and select File, Manage project, Import movie file, Magix movie file (*.mvd) selecting the previously saved MVD file.

Save the project with a new name and test, the 'ghost' audio should be gone. If you end up with 2 timelines, delete the empty one.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

RichardDP wrote on 2/26/2024, 6:54 AM

Thanks for all the tips guys. After moving sections around I noticed that the ghost audio existed on a sections of a track which looked empty, like some short of ghost orphan. The ghosting/double audio appeared where an element was placed onto that apparently empty section. However moving the sections to another track would simple move problem. I figured that maybe the problematic audio was somehow anchored to one of the edits in the section, so I created a new movie in the project. Then I copied the unaffected sections into the new movie onto track two, and copied the affected sections onto track one, and then moved each element from that section into track two and checked for the ghosting after every move. I was expecting one element in that section to be causing the problem, but actually once I had moved each element one at a time onto track two, the ghosting disappeared. I have no idea what caused it but it's resolved now.