Movie Edit Pro 15 plus patch problem - editor unusable?

tallboy wrote on 11/21/2009, 7:22 AM
I just installed the Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus patch, and then found that it made my project unusable. Every time I press 'play' there is a large pause (with some sort of progress bar at the bottom), and then it will only play with 'stutters' in both audio and video - sometime the the video refresh is also very slow.

I should explain that I am editing with multiple very large raw DV files, as I am mixing down a 4-camera recording of a play. I have been using various versions of MEP for many years now, and have never had any issues doing this previously - even MEP15 was fine before the patch.

It is totally unusable like this - so I have uninstalled MEP and then put it back in without the patch: now working fine.

What is wrong with the patch? I am concerned that I can now not take any advantage of any other improvements or fixes that might be made.

Comments

massi04 wrote on 11/22/2009, 5:06 AM
What is your version no.? The newest update for MEP15 is 8.6.1.2.
It is recommended to turn off the virus program during installation and after that reset your program to standard.
daydreamer11 wrote on 12/7/2009, 9:31 AM
We have this problem as well.  We have been able to get our projects to work by creating a new directory, new project and then copying all the media into the project.
DeeCee wrote on 2/3/2010, 11:39 AM
I'm getting the same problem. No problem with MEP15 until I allow the update. After the update I can load files into the timeline. If a single video plus soundtrack is played it is fine but as soon as I require the program to use an additional track the playback is stuttered and all program controls AND the computer become inoperative. My only solution is to do a hard restart.  I reinstalled MEP15 thinking that some other software had corrupted it and it worked fine until again I allowed the recommended update and now it is unusable again.
I have always had good results with MEP2005, MEP12 and now with MEP15 but if Magix don't sort this I will be buying elsewhere in future.
AVBPaulus wrote on 2/27/2010, 2:24 PM
Hi there,
I've got exactly the same problem, but than with the dutch version. Magix Video Deluxe. After the installation of the update in VDL15 i can play one track. I've got VDL16 right now and the problem is not solved with this.

To solve the problem (temperarily): Put a film in track 3 and 5 and mute the audio-tracks (4 and 6). Than activate the multicam-function and record a couple of seconds by clicking the screen in the preview.

After that everything works fine with me....
... until you exit the programm and starts it again...

Can anyone comfirm me if this helps???

(I'm dutch, so i'm sorry for my incorrect English)

Paul