Movie Edit Pro 15, no support yet for burns routine for Windows 7

Picturesintime wrote on 5/16/2009, 1:03 PM
Running Windows 7 RC (Release Candidate), 7 is supposed to go 'live' in October 2009 (ok so its a rumour at the moment), Movie Edit Pro itself runs very well in 7, just dont see either of my 2 burners. So come on Magix you got a great program. so lets have some support, even a beta patch would be ok to test with.

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 5/17/2009, 4:04 PM

Hi,
Unfortunately a beta patch would be pointless - ME15 is Vista compatible and VERY few people are using it with a pre-release version of Windows. Not enough to justify a patch for a system that is not finished nor release ready.

By the time it is released there will most likely be a newer version of MEP or one in the works. By the time enough people have the new version of Windows this will be pointless.

It's clearly tough enough to stay on top of existing issues without trying to cater to a few who are trying to use a pre-release version of Windows.

I've beta tested Windows since Win95 and have always understood that existing software has NO responsibility to run at all and many programs simply do not.  That's the price of being a tester. It's best to have a dedicated system for testing so you don't loose programs you wish to continue using.

Justin

akyramoto wrote on 12/17/2009, 9:44 PM
I am running Windows 7, I had to download a patch since i have the e version, my comp now recognizes my burners, everything works correctly.

If you have the regular version it should update, otherwise if you have the e version you have to go to magix support and download the patch and install it yourself.