Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/16/2018, 10:18 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

It is not entirely clear what you are asking but I assume you have created a project in Video Easy at some time in the past, you have now re-opened the project and, presumably, see a message asking you where the original source files are. Is that correct?

If so, we can do nothing other than repeat the question! The project files which ALL Magix programs create never contain the original video, audio or graphics files which have been used to create those projects. The project files are merely a set of instructions telling the export process which is the source file, which part(s) of it to use, which transitions, which effects, etc., etc.

Hence if you have moved the source files you will need to "tell" Video Easy exactly where they now are on your computer. If you have deleted the source files,unfortunately you cannot re-open and re-edit your project.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Theo-Rebergen wrote on 11/16/2018, 10:58 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

It is not entirely clear what you are asking but I assume you have created a project in Video Easy at some time in the past, you have now re-opened the project and, presumably, see a message asking you where the original source files are. Is that correct?

If so, we can do nothing other than repeat the question! The project files which ALL Magix programs create never contain the original video, audio or graphics files which have been used to create those projects. The project files are merely a set of instructions telling the export process which is the source file, which part(s) of it to use, which transitions, which effects, etc., etc.

Hence if you have moved the source files you will need to "tell" Video Easy exactly where they now are on your computer. If you have deleted the source files,unfortunately you cannot re-open and re-edit your project.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. yes, we have moved the Video"Balloon" files, did not think of the audi and graphics files. A tip how we can re-unitebthe files?

emmrecs wrote on 11/17/2018, 4:00 AM

Hi again.

I'm not sure what you mean by the Video "Balloon" files", perhaps because I've never used Video Easy but I will assume they are the original source video files. If so, you need to note carefully where they are now stored and when the message appears that VE cannot find them, you should have an option to direct the app to the new location. This will allow VE to then load them.

Exactly the same procedure is needed for the audio and graphics files.

HTH

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam