Modify typewriter template.

Leo-Hendriks1232 wrote on 2/29/2024, 10:39 AM

(Video deluxe 2024 Plus)

Hi,

1. is it possible to have the typewriter template start "typing" closer to the left border?
2. Is it possible to have the typewriter effect continue quicker on the second line.

I have shifted text in the past with the "size/position" effect and I used the speed effect on the typewriter template to increase typewriting speed but I have not yet succeeded in decreasing the dead time between lines.

Knowing how to decrease the dead time between lines would already be of much help.

Thxs, Leo

Comments

Former user wrote on 2/29/2024, 11:18 AM

@Leo-Hendriks1232 Hi, I don't see any way of manipulating the Typewriter (Subtitles), normal/basic text has this option that when unticked allows text to be moved to the edge of the screen, but this option isn't there in Typewriter.

So I'd use Size/Position/Rotation to position the text closer to the Left ,

Then cut out the pause between lines, the pause is quite long on the orig. (You could cut this section & speed it up using the Object Stretch mouse option)

-------------

If you add spaces to the end of a line of text the type-on effect is speeded up but the pause to the next line remains the same period..

Leo-Hendriks1232 wrote on 2/29/2024, 3:10 PM

@Gid: cutting out the dead time works! I cut clips all the time but didn't consider trying it on a typewriter template.

Great, thxs for the tip.