Missing video

WANNY wrote on 8/24/2009, 3:51 PM
Hi all.
I'm new to video editing. I've managed to get to the point of burning a little project to dvd, however i seem to always be missing the last video clip i imported, i still have the audio for this clip but also have a few coasters now!
Everything is present and correct in edit screen, just the problem of missing the last video clip when it comes to burning.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 8/25/2009, 7:00 AM
Hi,

Make sure that the end marker in the timeline is not cutting off the movie early or anything like that. Then, when you're in DVD-authoring mode and you initiate the actual encoding and burning process of your project, the program might find the DVD image files from your previous burning attempt. It will ask you whether you want to use them or whether you want to re-encode the project. Make sure to re-encode all files again. This is very important. Only this way you can be sure that you really get on your disc what is currently displayed in the arranger/preview.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that this is possibly not an issue with the encoding of the project but with the reading of the disc. How exactly does the playback stop at the end? Maybe everything is encoded properly, but the readability of the disc is bad, making the DVD player interrupt the playback early. Try different blanks and make sure to burn at slow writing speeds. Avoid DVD-RWs discs.

I hope this helps.