Missing Driver for Music Maker 14

kerfootdavid wrote on 6/24/2009, 12:43 PM
Hi all:

I just had to reformat my pc due to a virus.  (Haven't we all huh?)  Trying to re-install my programs, namely Music Maker 14, and I keep getting the error message that I am missing Driver # 10000.

Any idea where I can get this?  Spent the last 2 days looking and I am desperate to use this program again.

My thanks for your time folks.

David

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 6/25/2009, 7:53 AM
Hi,
Did you install a driver for your sound card or are you using a Windows default driver?
Make sure you get the manufacturer's drivers for your video (yes video) and sound. If that doesn't work let me know,
Justin
NoTurning wrote on 6/25/2009, 8:39 PM
Hi,
This is my concern... factory settings would include manufacturer drivers for your hardware. A formant and reinstall of Windows would use generic or base drivers for many hardware devices.
To get your system at optimal settings and compatibility; you really should get the latest drivers from the manufacturer of your sound and video.
If you haven't already; try to uninstall Magix and re-install too. Especially after updating your drivers.
Justin
ralftaro wrote on 7/2/2009, 10:37 AM
Hello David,

Is this a disc version of the program you're using? Sounds like the hardware copy-protection on the disc is acting up. It cannot be authenticated properly on some drives or some software tends to get in the way of the authentication. Magix has a tool to get you around that issue. Contact their support regarding this issue and they will sort you out, or go straight to the downloads section of their support site and download & run the "Unlockmaster" from the "Tools" category. You will have to wait to receive your unlock code back from Magix.

I hope this helps.