Missing Content Galleries and Cannot Import Content

David-XaraUser285 wrote on 1/17/2022, 8:46 PM

Hello,

I just installed Xara Designer Pro X tonight, it registered, then an update failed (because I selected update immediately and it could not find the xara window to close) and it rolled back. I re-installed the update (selecting update when I close, which worked), re-registered (because it prompted me to as soon as I launched the software, even though I had already registered before the last failed update), and then tried to use the software.

Now, even after restarting, it appears that the content galleries are missing, and I cannot use the online content catalog. Could it be something with the update failing the first time I tried to update the software caused a problem with the installation?

Even though all the galleries indicate they are enabled, as seen in this screenshot:

Whenever I try to insert from content gallery, I get this error:

Additionally, I only see the "Page and Layout" gallery on the right panel tray, where the other gallery pages should be. There doesn't appear to be anything hidden or minimized (otherwise the error message wouldn't happen). The product indicates it is licensed and there are no updates. It is on version 18.5.0.62892 DL x64 Aug 11 2021.

Any help you can offer to get the gallery views to actually show up would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/18/2022, 11:56 AM

@David-XaraUser285

Hi

It looks like the Page and Layer gallery are too far to the right for the other gallery buttons to be displayed as shown below, try dragging the right edge of the main pane to the left to create more space on the right.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

David-XaraUser285 wrote on 1/18/2022, 1:11 PM

Thanks for the reply, @johnebaker!

What I posted should be the default view. It seems like the only thing that's letting me resize at the right-edge of the window is the frame for the application window itself, unfortunately. Also, when I try to resize the page and layer gallery view to be larger so that it doesn't have a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom, it just snaps back to the same size.

I can pin it or close it, both of which minimizes it into the panel tray, as shown below - but that doesn't show any other galleries either, just the one:

I've used Xara a few years ago and don't remember having these problems... not sure what happened. Any other ideas to try to troubleshoot the problem would be much appreciated!