Missing AB boxes in Timeline mode, Why?

Metalworker wrote on 9/8/2011, 8:04 AM

I have satisfactorily completed my first slide show using Photo Story but notice differences when producing the second. Whilst it is not stopping me from producing a satisfactory show, I wonder why the difference, and, the reason for my question, am I missing some settings that may be useful.

For the first show, in Timeline Mode, if I select the title box it turns from yellow to orange and AB boxes appear on the left hand side only,

Now producing the second the same action results in AB boxes on both the left and right hand sides. I am interested to learn where the settings are for making this change as there may be something else there that may be useful.

I am using PhotoStory version 9.0.3.2(C3)

Comments

ShadowDancer wrote on 9/8/2011, 10:07 AM

With Photostory, normally the photo should only show the AB on the left hand side. The only photo that will show the AB on both sides is the last one in the series.

I cannot really explain why you are seeing it on both sides, there is no program setting that would affect this.

If you start a new project does the same occur? It shouldn't really cause any problems though, so there should be need to worry.

Metalworker wrote on 9/8/2011, 12:20 PM

Thanks ShadowDancer for your answer. Whilst most definitely the AB was showing on both sides of most, if not all, off my titles, and did so for quite some time, I eventually noticed that it had changed to just the left excepting the last one as you say.

Thanks once more!!!

johnebaker wrote on 9/8/2011, 4:49 PM

Hi

Zoom the timeline so you can see if there is a single black frame between the objects showing the A/B at both ends.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/8/2011, 4:49 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

ShadowDancer wrote on 9/9/2011, 5:29 AM

Definitely sounds a little strange, glad it resolved itself.

Even if there is a gap between the objects, it should still only show the AB on the left.