Comments

mjn wrote on 1/29/2019, 10:59 AM

How do you convert an ACID loop or project into a minor key?

A knowledge of music theory comes in handy here. Example, if the song you are creating is in A minor, you know that you can use a loop that’s in the key of C, given that A is the relative minor in the key of C. Or if the loop is a single line performance, like a melody played on a saxophone, you can often split out a single note and pitch shift it to fit the key of your song. Like dropping a major third a half step to become a minor third.

Michael-Hopcroft wrote on 1/29/2019, 11:23 AM

How do you convert an ACID loop or project into a minor key?

A knowledge of music theory comes in handy here. Example, if the song you are creating is in A minor, you know that you can use a loop that’s in the key of C, given that A is the relative minor in the key of C. Or if the loop is a single line performance, like a melody played on a saxophone, you can often split out a single note and pitch shift it to fit the key of your song. Like dropping a major third a half step to become a minor third.

Some chords must be nightmarish to create that way, and transposing an entire project sound's like something one should set aside lopts of time for....

Thank you for your response. I suspect that I wil be mixing in things on the project I'm working on now.

So far I've spent about ten hours on it using multiple tools from multiple vendors. Now I know why it takes so long for Sia to put out a record!