Minor Chords in ACID

Michael-Hopcroft wrote on 4/5/2019, 10:27 AM

In ACID Pro 8, many of the loops available to me are labeled with chord names (such as C and F). But apparently, only basic major chords are listed. How do I use a minor chord or key with the loops given? Is it possible to get loops in minor keys or for other chord constructions like, say, D7?

I basically need to do things with my songs that sound somewhat like real instruments, as opposed to the beat-based structure of the usual ACID loop. Although I may be using the wrong tile if I want to build a song from scratch, I have had some success importing tracks from other programs (in this case, an older edition of Band-in-a-Box) into ACID and then using it to build a voice track (I can also do that in Sound Forge, probably, but I've been stumped by the latter's learning curve).

I could, of course, record a real instrument. This would be the ideal situation if I knew how to play any real instruments.

I am using a PC with Windows 10.

Comments

Michael-Hopcroft wrote on 4/5/2019, 5:50 PM

I probably should not have posted this until I read the rights sections, which indicates that I'd be better served to use provied loops as "proof of concept", to be replaced by commedicially=-available loops when needed -- sort of like the samples problem that artists who use clips or loops from published sources get into.