MIDI SoftSynth Automation Recording

SporkimusPrime wrote on 7/10/2022, 10:14 AM

I feel like I am missing something, but I mapped my knob on my midi controller to the cutoff on my softsynth, and I want to record my performance of changing cutoff live. I know I can use an FX automation envelope and do that manually, but in this case I want to record the input I am giving. I played around with the automation write, and looked in the manual / Google and didn't seem to find what I am trying to do. Any folks know how to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Comments

Former user wrote on 7/10/2022, 12:01 PM

you may not be able to do want you want to do with AP. I know you can do automation AFTER you record but I don't believe AP has the feature you want. Cheers

sheppo wrote on 7/10/2022, 2:58 PM

@SporkimusPrime - this works just fine in Acid Pro (I'm not sure about Acid Music Studio though). These things are better explained visually I believe.. so here's a quick video explaining how to do it.

SporkimusPrime wrote on 7/11/2022, 7:28 AM

Amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. It means a lot. I like this gives me options and yeah I hear you about having even really more than one envelope over top a track can be confusing. I usually do my automation for the softsynth down in the VST output area, so it's nice that this translates over when you do the MIDI track itself. Thank you!

sheppo wrote on 7/11/2022, 8:22 AM

No worries at all. Glad to help.