MIDI Playback Issues - No ASIO Driver found, only Magix Low-Latency

anomanova wrote on 6/27/2020, 12:50 PM

The title says it all. I have been trying to get sound/playback for my MIDI VSTis for over a two hours. There is no ASIO driver to select, only Magix Low-Latency 2016, WDM, and MME. Nothing will playback sound. The MIDI input works but the output does not work. I have no clue what to do. I just purchased Samplitude and I'd like to actually use the product I paid for....

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 6/27/2020, 2:30 PM

The Magix Low Latency Driver is an ASIO driver. You can also install ASIO4All if you want to use that instead.

As to there being no sound my guess is that you need to set the midi output for the track to the VST and possibly set the midi channel correctly. I've only used Samplitude Music Studio but I'm sure the basic track routing works in the same way. Took me a while to set it right. I would describe it as not at all intuitive. It was something like this although this is from 2017.

http://magazine.magix.com/en/preparing-for-midi-recording/

anomanova wrote on 6/27/2020, 7:35 PM

I feel like I wasted my money with Samplitude… The workflow is so cumbersome compared to Acid Pro 10. Certain VSTs don't work, I can't find or use Asio Drivers, Kontakt crashes... the list goes on.. I've only had this program for 8 hours and all these problems have occurred. No refunds or anything.. Wow, this is literally terrible.

anomanova wrote on 6/27/2020, 8:07 PM

I give up. I can't get any sound to come out of the speakers. It says "to monitor in real time you must activate - ASIO drivers..." and other things. I have no clue. I downloaded ASIO4all and still no luck. Nothing works. And I don't understand why getting sound to playback is so difficult. It should be the easiest part of using a DAW.

SP. wrote on 6/28/2020, 5:32 AM

Please list what audio devices you use (Onboard, USB Interface or USB Headphones etc.) and make a screenshot of all of your audio settings and the complete error message. Just writing 'It says "to monitor in real time you must activate - ASIO drivers..." and other things.' is not enough to help you.

I can just guess that maybe you need to activate your audio device in the Magix Low Lantency Settings which is very easy to do.

anomanova wrote on 6/28/2020, 7:59 AM

I use a standard stereo jack into my head phone jack of my computer. It won't play any sound through that route. I heard sound through my computer speakers even when the stereo cable was plugged into the headphone jack which I thought was impossible. I do not have an audio interface or a USB setup.

SP. wrote on 6/28/2020, 8:34 AM

I heard sound through my computer speakers even when the stereo cable was plugged into the headphone jack which I thought was impossible.

Maybe this is caused by your audio settings inside Samplitude. But without screenshots we cannot be sure.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 6/28/2020, 9:54 AM

I seem to remember having to go to the audio settings in Samplitude and choose advanced and select the right output there as well. I can see why it has these options as it has good options for multiple outputs via an interface but I couldn't see why it wouldn't set them automatically, as I've seen in more user friendly programs, when choosing the audio output.

anomanova wrote on 6/28/2020, 1:57 PM

anomanova wrote on 6/28/2020, 1:59 PM

anomanova wrote on 6/28/2020, 2:02 PM

Gertjan-Zwart wrote on 12/25/2022, 8:25 AM

Errr, I am running into the same problem, although a few years later. Anyone?

SP. wrote on 12/25/2022, 10:28 AM

@Gertjan-Zwart Click on Settings or Control Panel to open the Magix Low Latency driver settings and activate your audio devices.

Gertjan-Zwart wrote on 12/27/2022, 11:04 AM

They are (and were so)..?

SP. wrote on 12/27/2022, 12:03 PM

@Gertjan-Zwart The monitoring slider below the driver selection needs to be set to the rightmost position Mixer FX Monitoring Hybrid Engine.

Gertjan-Zwart wrote on 12/28/2022, 6:13 AM

The slider below Monitoring settings? It has been there at the utmost right position all the time I'm affraid...😳

SP. wrote on 12/28/2022, 9:49 AM

@Gertjan-Zwart Please upload screenshots of your settings.