MIDI playable chopper not working in Acid Pro Next

Stone-Larence wrote on 5/12/2019, 3:12 PM

Hello! I am a longtime user of Acid Pro and have recently upgraded to Acid Pro Next Suite. I was very much looking forward to using the MIDI playable chopper with my AKAI MPK249. However, even after ensuring that all MIDI settings were active and accurate, I cannot get my keyboard to play anything in the chopper. I can use my keyboard for every other MIDI function except this new feature! There are no tutorials on this topic. Anyone having the same issue? Fixes?

Comments

kev-morson wrote on 5/13/2019, 8:38 PM

Get Serato sample VST ...it performs great via midi ...will do everything the chopper can do ..and bags more . Worth every penny

kev-morson wrote on 5/13/2019, 8:45 PM

To add to that I use it in Acid Pro 8 ...with Asio 4 all drivers ..works like a dream

Stone-Larence wrote on 5/13/2019, 8:52 PM

kev-morson... that sounds good. Thank you for the info. I'm going to check it out. With that said, I'd still like the program I paid $399 to upgrade to would do what it's supposed to. Lol

mark-b4495 wrote on 8/12/2019, 9:50 PM

Stone-Larence .. Did you ever get your AKAI MPK249 to work with your chopper in Acid Pro 8? I'm having the same problem except I'm using Acid Pro Next.

Lonnie613 wrote on 10/5/2019, 7:22 PM

Hello! I am a longtime user of Acid Pro and have recently upgraded to Acid Pro Next Suite. I was very much looking forward to using the MIDI playable chopper with my AKAI MPK249. However, even after ensuring that all MIDI settings were active and accurate, I cannot get my keyboard to play anything in the chopper. I can use my keyboard for every other MIDI function except this new feature! There are no tutorials on this topic. Anyone having the same issue? Fixes?

I'm having the same issue. The ONLY reason I upgraded from ACID Pro 8 to Pro 9 at this early a stage in 9's release is because of the midi playable chopper functionality, but it isn't working for me. I'm triggering using the AKAI MPD218 and the Sansom Carbon 61 keyboard . They both work in ACID 9 PRO when using all of my VSTIs, but won't work in the chopper. I've checked and re-checked my settings. I've read that section of the pdf manual. This is disappointing. Something told me to wait until we saw a few updates from 9.

Torsten wrote on 10/7/2019, 9:48 AM

Hello! Let's see how we get the issue solved.

First, please look in the chopper, if the loaded clip contains beatmarker. If not, add some with the shortcut "M".

Next, look at the MIDI notes that are at the bottom of each marker. The first chop is triggered by C2 and then up in semitones. (look at the screenshot)

You may need to transpose your MIDI keyboard down an octave or two. Some of our test keyboards send C3 on the bottom white key.

I hope the tips will help you!

Best, Torsten

Lonnie613 wrote on 10/7/2019, 10:52 AM

Hello! Let's see how we get the issue solved.

First, please look in the chopper, if the loaded clip contains beatmarker. If not, add some with the shortcut "M".

Next, look at the MIDI notes that are at the bottom of each marker. The first chop is triggered by C2 and then up in semitones. (look at the screenshot)

You may need to transpose your MIDI keyboard down an octave or two. Some of our test keyboards send C3 on the bottom white key.

I hope the tips will help you!

Best, Torsten

Thanks for the suggestions, but I've done that previously as well: I beatmarked the clip, I do see notes/pitches below each chop from C2, C#2 etc... I've tried lowering the octaves on my Sansom keyboard and the clips simply are never triggered. I got an email from Magix Tech Support this morning that says this is a known issue and they're currently testing a patch for it. Support wrote: "The issue with the midi playable chopper was reported as a bug and the patch fixing it is currently being tested by our Beta community. If no further issues are reported with the patch it should be released in the next upcoming weeks." So, I guess a fix is coming. Thanks again for the reply.