Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/30/2023, 5:03 AM

@Paul-Ranft

Hi

. . . . Are there specific USB MIDI drivers for WIN 11 . . . .

Try restarting the computer to see if the keyboard appears - Windows button, Power icon, Restart - not a Shutdown and Start

Assuming you cannot select the keyboard in Music Maker, in theory the generic Windows 11 drivers should have been installed, however check with the keyboard manufacturer to see if they have Win 11 drivers - if you can only get Win 10 drivers or have them already try re-installing them.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Paul-Ranft wrote on 3/30/2023, 5:49 PM

Thx John. Nothing seems to work. The (cheap) keyboard is a Medeli MC49A and they don't have any MIDI drivers available. The only thing I do not understand why it isn't working any longer is that the drivers of a WIN10 and a WIN11 should be the same. But unfortunately no-one can give me an appropriate answer

SP. wrote on 3/30/2023, 6:21 PM

@Paul-Ranft Is your keyboard listed in the Windows device manager? It should be listed under Sound Video and Game controllers (you can also see hidden devices under the View menu in case you cannot see it). You might try to uninstall it via the right click menu, unplug it, then restart your computer and connect it again. The driver should automatically install itself.

If it's listed as an unknown USB device In the device manager the drivers aren't working.

Make also sure you use the original USB cables or USB cables that aren't too long or else you can get connection problems.

Paul-Ranft wrote on 4/1/2023, 2:46 AM

The keyboard is not listed in Device Manager. I checked with 2 different usb-cables that both work fine with my printer and also worked fine under WIN10 (with the keyboard)

It seems that the MIDIside on the keyboard itself is not okay. But that is hard for me to belief. Unfortunately I only have one PC. Otherwise I could check it.

SP. wrote on 4/1/2023, 7:00 AM

@Paul-Ranft Does Windows play the connection sound if you connect your USB-Keyboard to the computer?

You maybe need to update your other hardware drivers after you upgraded to Windows 11 like your BIOS/UEFI and USB drivers.

Paul-Ranft wrote on 4/2/2023, 3:42 PM

There is no sound when inserting the cable. With other device like external disks the PC plays a sound.

Maybe I have to look for an updated BIOS that will solve this issue which is rather annoying...