Midi instruments get recorded into audio tracks

martin-leisborn wrote on 4/14/2023, 4:18 AM

I have a new problem with my Samplitude Pro X6 Suite. When I record audio, like acoustic guitar, to an audio track, midi instruments on other tracks (midi tracks) get recorded into the audio track as well. So listening to the audio track solo gives both the guitar and all midi instruments mixed together. Very strange, and it hasn't happened before. I hope I have just missed some setting somewhere but I can't find it.

Please, how do I avoid this?

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/14/2023, 4:40 AM

@martin-leisborn There has to be a setting in your audio interface or its driver, usually it is called loopback audio. You need to disable it

If you don't use an audio interface you probably need to disable "Stereo Mix" or "What-U-Hear" in the Windows sound settings.

martin-leisborn wrote on 4/14/2023, 4:58 AM

Ok? I have a Mackie Bog Knob audio interface and using ASIO. But I don’t see any such setting on it. Seems to me it must be in the software.

SP. wrote on 4/14/2023, 5:04 AM

@martin-leisborn Open the Samplitude system settings, go to the Audio settings and open the ASIO driver settings. Can you find the option there?

SP. wrote on 4/14/2023, 5:07 AM

@martin-leisborn I'm not sure which version you have, but it seems like there should be a button on the interface itself to toggle loopback recording.

martin-leisborn wrote on 4/14/2023, 6:41 AM

@martin-leisborn I'm not sure which version you have, but it seems like there should be a button on the interface itself to toggle loopback recording.

Hey, that fixed it! Thank you soooo much. That was really stupid on my part, I didn't see that. Such an easy fix. I recently moved and probably happened to put that switch in the wrong position. Thanks again!